Campus Director, Clinical Education - Physician AssistantAnaheim, California Job ID: 201486
SUMMARY: Reporting directly to the Program Director, Physician Assistant Program represents West Coast University Master Physician Assistant Program (MPA) to the community. During the development phase of the program primary responsibilities are clinical education site development, assuring all clinical sites meet the program’s prescribed expectations for student learning and performance evaluation, oversight of affiliation agreements, planning and coordinating clinical faculty development, curriculum development, and oversight of clinical year scheduling. With the matriculation of students the Director, Clinical Education is additionally responsible for oversight of education in the clinical year, serving as a liaison between the program and clinical education sites, manage student clinical education placements, conduct site visits, teach, mentor students, participate in student admissions, and support efforts of the academic program in preparing students to meet prescribed clinical competencies of Physician Assistant practice including student assessment and program evaluation. Associate will hold a principal faculty appointment and is responsible for communication between West Coast University and affiliated clinical education sites.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides administrative support to the Master Physician Assistant (MPA) Program informing the Program Director of recommendations in planning, organizing, coordinating, monitoring and evaluating the MPA clinical curriculum and coordinates with Program Director in new site development and apprised of needed support to facilitate Program/Preceptor relationships.
- Contacts, develops new and maintains established clinical affiliations, assures all clinical sites meet the program’s prescribed expectations for student learning and performance, and secures appropriate contact and specific contractual agreement information including identified preceptors, number and types of placements, renewals, insurance and liability matters and other pertinent issues important to seamless transition of students to clinical sites.
- Prepares and submits to Program Director annual program clinical calendar, individual student clinical placement schedule, and oversees preparation and formal distribution of student placement assignments with detailed site and discipline related information on timeline set by Program Director.
- Develops, maintains and conducts a schedule for clinical site visitation and presents a written copy to the Program Director at a specified time each Fall semester with updated list of new and renewed affiliation agreements.
- Master degree in physician assistant, health profession, education, administration, or health related field or Doctoral degree from an appropriately accredited university required.
- NCCPA certification required.
- Licensure or eligibility for Physician Assistant licensure in California required.
- Must meet and maintain the qualifications and standards set forth by any accreditation body that West Coast University is accredited by or in process of obtaining accreditation from, for area of expertise and expectations of faculty member as set forth in regulatory documents and any professional certifications deemed necessary to meet the requirements of the teaching role.
- Current Driver’s License.
- Knowledge of regulatory, legal, practice and workforce issues related to physician assistant profession and practice.
- Minimum of five years of clinical practice in the United States required.
- Experience in Physician Assistant education preferred.
- Knowledgeable of education standards such as WASC, ARC-PA and other accreditation standards preferred.
- Experience with MS Office.
For over 100 years, West Coast University has been educating and preparing students for professional careers across our six campuses located in Southern California, Dallas, Miami, and Online. As part of our unique student-centric approach to advanced healthcare education you will be empowering future healthcare professionals. At West Coast University our students are Ahead of the Curve. Our Mission is to embrace a student-centric learning partnership that leads to professional success. We deliver transformational education within a culture of integrity and personal accountability.
Our benefited faculty and associates are offered a comprehensive benefit package including:
- Health & Wellness
- Financial & Retirement
- Family & Parenting
- Vacation & Time Off
- Perks & Discount
- Professional Development
West Coast University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to work in and serve an ethnically-diverse population.
“My colleagues and coworkers are sincerely passionate about student success and have a strong team spirit. Our fundamental goal is to improve the quality in our education and service. WCU rewards people with strong team-spirit, a great vision, dedicated commitment, and a high ethical standard.”SOPHIE S.ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR, GEN ED SCI, ORANGE COUNTY
ASSOCIATE SINCE 2017
No recently viewed jobs.
Don’t have any jobs saved yet? Then start looking! Once you’ve found one you’re interested in, click the heart icon to save a job.