Communications SpecialistAnaheim, California Job ID: 203997
**This is an Onsite position where you will work in the office 5 days/week.
The Innovation Lab is part of the University’s Research and Development department, we are tasked with the mission of reimagining the education experience by infusing leading-edge technology, content and methodologies leading into exceptional and enduring student outcomes.
- The Communications Specialist role will coordinate the day-to-day office operations of the Innovation Lab and reports to the Director of Innovation. This individual is responsible for keeping the lab open and ready for guests during business hours, coordinating and attending lab events, and performing a wide variety of highly responsible and complex administrative clerical support tasks as assigned by the Director of Innovation and Managing Director of Innovation, Research and Development.
- As a Communications and Training Specialist, you will manage initiatives around various digital communication tools (such as the Intranet site and Innovation Platform), lead faculty engagement and support to ensure their engagement across all our programs. Provides in-depth best practices in communication to engage faculty and academic leaders. Support the distribution and maintain a library of the labs SOP’s as they are implemented under the direction of the Director of Innovation. Ensure the production of high-quality digital communication tools that showcase positive, evidence-based outcomes for students.
- Responsible for maintaining daily operations of the Innovation Lab, providing demonstration of current ideas on display at various experience stations, and gathering feedback to support the movement of projects through the innovation framework.
- Partner with User Experience Researcher and project managers to gather qualitative and quantitative feedback from students and faculty in various modalities.
- Ensures that the Innovation Lab space and equipment are in functioning order.
- Responsible for maintaining the Innovation department’s Intranet pages, Innovation Platform, and other similar tools with content updates and community engagement.
- Collaborate with management and peers to maintain project documentation, department SOPs and other documents as needed.
- Provide weekly and monthly reporting and insight on lab activities.
- Provide administrative support to Innovation Lab leadership.Assists in making travel arrangements, submission of expense reports, ordering supplies, coordinating meetings with vendors and other constituents.
- Provide support of digital communication tools to faculty and administrators.
- Assume responsibility of system administration where appropriate including coordination, planning, and troubleshooting of lab facility technology and operation.
- Attends required meetings. Assists with open projects as needed. Collaborate with Innovation Lab staff to assist with tasks as per the stage gate process.
- Maintains confidentiality of all customers, student, associate, and/or university information as required.
- Maintains regular and timely attendance, reports to work as scheduled and assures time worked and/or time-off is recorded properly.
- Conducts job responsibilities in accordance with the standards set out in the University’s Code of Ethical Conduct, Compliance Agreement, Sexual Harassment Policy or any of its policies and procedures, applicable federal and state laws, and applicable professional standards.
- BA/BS Communications, Education, or equivalent experience; Master’s degree desired.
- 3+ years of experience working in communications and technology.
- 2+ years of teaching experience, preferably at a post-secondary level.
- Experience working with or training faculty and students at a higher education institution is a plus.
- Solutions-focused individual with excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrable ability to learn new technologies and communicate value to audience at various levels.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills to interact with internal stakeholders.
- A self-starter who loves collaboration and is open to feedback, comfortable working independently as well as in cross-functional teams.
- Impressive presentation and communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Ability to navigate in ambiguous situations while delivering meaningful and documented results.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams (technology, academics, communications).
- Strong bias for action.
For over 100 years, West Coast University has been educating and preparing students for professional careers across our six campuses located in Southern California, Dallas, Miami, and Online. As part of our unique student-centric approach to advanced healthcare education you will be empowering future healthcare professionals. At West Coast University our students are Ahead of the Curve. Our Mission is to embrace a student-centric learning partnership that leads to professional success. We deliver transformational education within a culture of integrity and personal accountability.
Our benefited faculty and associates are offered a comprehensive benefit package including:
- Health & Wellness
- Financial & Retirement
- Family & Parenting
- Vacation & Time Off
- Perks & Discount
- Professional Development
West Coast University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to work in and serve an ethnically-diverse population.
“My colleagues and coworkers are sincerely passionate about student success and have a strong team spirit. Our fundamental goal is to improve the quality in our education and service. WCU rewards people with strong team-spirit, a great vision, dedicated commitment, and a high ethical standard.”SOPHIE S.ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR, GEN ED SCI, ORANGE COUNTY
ASSOCIATE SINCE 2017
No recently viewed jobs.
Don’t have any jobs saved yet? Then start looking! Once you’ve found one you’re interested in, click the heart icon to save a job.