Financial Aid Officer (Temporary)Anaheim, California Job ID: 202729
Please Note: This is a 9 month Temporary Assignment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Adheres to Associate Expectation Agreement, established department policies and procedures, and ensures timely customer service of current and potential students for West Coast University.
- Meets with prospective students to review required forms and applications needed for FA file. Reviews documents for completion and accuracy before accepting from students. Scans and links submitted forms into electronic student file in Image Now. Updates data in Campus Vue and CLA appropriately based on information received.
- Calculates estimated financial aid award in accordance with federal, state, and institutional rules and regulations; explains University costs, aid eligibility and gap financing options, and explains the ongoing financial aid process.
- Assists student and parents with directions for requesting FSA User IDs, and online completion of FAFSAs (Free Application for Federal Student Aid), MPNs (Master Promissory Notes), and online student loan entrance and exist counseling. Provides in-person student loan counseling for those who are unable to complete online counseling.
- Provides student/parent with other required documents such as:
- Verification Worksheet
- Instructions on requesting tax transcripts/utilizing DRT (Data Retrieval Tool)
- Requested documents to clear C Codes (Code alerting students they cannot receive aid until comment is resolved)
- Counsels veterans on Title IV aid eligibility and services available.
- Reviews International student financial support documents and explains payment plan options.
- Represents Financial Aid Office at campus Orientation or Open House events, as requested by Director, Financial Aid.
- Follows up with students regarding any missing or additional documents needed, including new FAFSA application for subsequent year packaging.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- At least one year of experience in a customer service related position required.
- Experience in college Financial Aid a plus.
- Bilingual English and Spanish a plus.
For over 100 years, West Coast University has been educating and preparing students for professional careers across our six campuses located in Southern California, Dallas, Miami, and Online. As part of our unique student-centric approach to advanced healthcare education you will be empowering future healthcare professionals. At West Coast University our students are Ahead of the Curve. Our Mission is to embrace a student-centric learning partnership that leads to professional success. We deliver transformational education within a culture of integrity and personal accountability.
Our benefited faculty and associates are offered a comprehensive benefit package including:
- Health & Wellness
- Financial & Retirement
- Family & Parenting
- Vacation & Time Off
- Perks & Discount
- Professional Development
West Coast University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to work in and serve an ethnically-diverse population.
“My colleagues and coworkers are sincerely passionate about student success and have a strong team spirit. Our fundamental goal is to improve the quality in our education and service. WCU rewards people with strong team-spirit, a great vision, dedicated commitment, and a high ethical standard.”SOPHIE S.ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR, GEN ED SCI, ORANGE COUNTY
ASSOCIATE SINCE 2017
No recently viewed jobs.
Don’t have any jobs saved yet? Then start looking! Once you’ve found one you’re interested in, click the heart icon to save a job.