Adjunct Instructor I, Dental Hygiene
When you join our faculty at West Coast University, you’ll become part of a team that always puts students first. And that means you’ll have the tools, technologies, resources and support you need to make a real difference in their lives, empowering new generations of healthcare leaders. Get ready to learn and grow in an energized environment with year-round curricula, collaborating with talented colleagues and reimagining healthcare education as we know it.
- Minimal Travel (if any)
What makes a successful member of the Faculty team at West Coast University? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Socially Conscious
- Technologically Savvy
“If you are looking to work at a university that takes care of its students, faculty, and staff and allows you to live a prosperous, fulfilling, and healthy life, this is the place for you.”Paul P. Instructor ii, Gen Ed Non-sci, orange county
associate since 2013
We offer a generous benefits package with a wide range of the plans, programs and support you need to thrive.
Day of Service
Our Mission & Culture
At WCU, the work you do empowers our future nurses, therapists, dental hygienists and more — propelling them into our communities where they can do the most good. As part of our dynamic, energized culture, you’ll contribute to our unique mission that always puts students first. You’ll collaborate with incredible people, grow in your profession, and transform healthcare education. Discover what it means to truly believe in the work that you do.
Come care with us at West Coast University! As a Faculty member for a certified Great Place to Work, you will guide students to do more than change their own lives – you will help change the lives of every patient they treat throughout their career in healthcare. At West Coast University you will have the opportunity to share your success story with the next generation of Dental Hygienist as a key member of our student-centered, innovative community!
Job SummaryReporting directly to the Campus Dean and/or Program Chair, Instructor I, DH (Undergraduate) supports the University in fulfillment of its mission, purpose and goals. Focuses extensively on facilitating student learning associated with prescribed course and program learning outcomes. Provides professional leadership and support, and serves as an educator, role model, mentor and facilitator. Creates an educational environment which fosters innovation, responsiveness, and accountability. Provides program- specific expertise and is actively engaged in relevant department initiatives. Supports University, Campus, and/or departmental goals in order to assure compliance with programmatic accreditation and/or licensure, internal consistency, and graduate outcomes that meet student learning, workplace and placement expectations. Actively and substantively participates in assessment of student learning activities to maximize the potential for students to learn what is necessary to meet prescribed outcomes. Vigorously upholds a culture of academic integrity.
Required Experience and Skills
- Two years' experience providing direct patient care as a registered dental hygienist or dentist;
- One year or less experience in teaching in a university or college setting required as defined by University's faculty handbook.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite Products, especially Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel and other MS office products as needed.
- Working with online learning management systems to further engage the student learning process desirable.
- Working knowledge of patient electronic health records.
- Working knowledge of digital radiography including panoramic exposures.
- Knowledge of state, federal and local laws/regulations relating to programs, governmental compliance and other regulatory standards such as state boards or bureaus, regional and state accreditors, licensing and certification agencies, and WASC Senior College and University Commission or other regulatory bodies.
- Ability to demonstrate clear criminal background history.
- Ability to demonstrate clinical competency.
No recently viewed jobs.
Don’t have any jobs saved yet? Then start looking! Once you’ve found one you’re interested in, click the heart icon to save a job.