Mental Health Instructor, RN (Adjunct)
When you join our faculty at West Coast University, you’ll become part of a team that always puts students first. And that means you’ll have the tools, technologies, resources and support you need to make a real difference in their lives, empowering new generations of healthcare leaders. Get ready to learn and grow in an energized environment with year-round curricula, collaborating with talented colleagues and reimagining healthcare education as we know it.
- Full Time
- Minimal Travel (if any)
What makes a successful member of the Faculty team at West Coast University? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Socially Conscious
- Technologically Savvy
“If you are looking to work at a university that takes care of its students, faculty, and staff and allows you to live a prosperous, fulfilling, and healthy life, this is the place for you.”Paul P. Instructor ii, Gen Ed Non-sci, orange county
associate since 2013
We offer a generous benefits package with a wide range of the plans, programs and support you need to thrive.
Day of Service
Our Mission & Culture
At WCU, the work you do empowers our future nurses, therapists, dental hygienists and more — propelling them into our communities where they can do the most good. As part of our dynamic, energized culture, you’ll contribute to our unique mission that always puts students first. You’ll collaborate with incredible people, grow in your profession, and transform healthcare education. Discover what it means to truly believe in the work that you do.
Reporting directly to the Campus Associate Director, Clinical Education the Instructor I, Nursing (Undergraduate) supports the University in fulfillment of its mission, purpose and goals.
- Focuses extensively on facilitating student learning associated with prescribed course and program learning outcomes.
- Provides professional leadership and support, and serves as an educator, role model, mentor and facilitator.
- Creates an educational environment which fosters innovation, responsiveness, and accountability.
- Provides program-specific expertise and is actively engaged in relevant department initiatives.
- Supports University, Campus, and/or departmental goals in order to assure compliance with programmatic accreditation and/or licensure, internal consistency, and graduate outcomes that meet student learning, workplace and placement expectations.
- Actively and substantively participates in assessment of student learning activities to maximize the potential for students to learn what is necessary to meet prescribed outcomes.
- Vigorously upholds a culture of academic integrity.
- Must have the minimum higher education background required by the program. Must provide a documented background in educational methodology consistent with teaching assignments including, but not limited to: education theory and practice, current concepts relative to specific subjects one will be teaching, current clinical practice experience or distance education techniques and delivery.
- BSN required. MSN preferred.
- Graduates from the West Coast University Master of Science in Nursing program, who meet the minimum experience requirement as a registered nurse, are eligible for consideration as a clinical faculty immediately following graduation.
If applicable, certification(s) in area(s) of specialization required.
Clinical RN – Bachelor’s degree in nursing or in natural, behavioral or social sciences relevant to nursing practice from an accredited college or university required. Graduates from the West Coast University RN-BSN program who meet the minimum experience requirement as a registered nurse are eligible for consideration as a clinical faculty immediately following graduation.
- Current unencumbered Registered Nurse License required; other current professional licensure by state or national board if applicable (e.g., FNP).
- Must meet and maintain the qualifications and standards set forth by the state Board of Nursing for nursing faculty if required for assigned subject matter instruction.
- Current CPR card.
- Clinical RN - Must have approval by the Board of Registered Nursing (BRN) prior to assuming the role of clinical faculty member.
- Must maintain any professional certifications deemed necessary to meet the requirements of the teaching role.
- Current certification in basic life support procedures including healthcare provide CPR with an Automated External Defibrillator.
- Minimum of one year of experience in teaching in a university, college or clinical setting .
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite Products, especially Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and other MS office products as needed.
- Working with online learning management systems to further engage the student learning process desirable.
- Clinical RN - Must have a minimum of three (3) year’s prior experience as a registered nurse providing direct patient care and have a minimum of one year experience in the field in which they teach.
For over 100 years, West Coast University has been educating and preparing students for professional careers across our six campuses located in Southern California, Dallas, Miami, and Online. As part of our unique student-centric approach to advanced healthcare education you will be empowering future healthcare professionals. At West Coast University our students are Ahead of the Curve. Our Mission is to embrace a student-centric learning partnership that leads to professional success. We deliver transformational education within a culture of integrity and personal accountability.
Our benefited faculty and associates are offered a comprehensive benefit package including:
- Health & Wellness
- Financial & Retirement
- Family & Parenting
- Vacation & Time Off
- Perks & Discount
- Professional Development
West Coast University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to work in and serve an ethnically-diverse population.
No recently viewed jobs.
Don’t have any jobs saved yet? Then start looking! Once you’ve found one you’re interested in, click the heart icon to save a job.