Professor, Gen Ed Science
When you join our faculty at West Coast University, you’ll become part of a team that always puts students first. And that means you’ll have the tools, technologies, resources and support you need to make a real difference in their lives, empowering new generations of healthcare leaders. Get ready to learn and grow in an energized environment with year-round curricula, collaborating with talented colleagues and reimagining healthcare education as we know it.
- Minimal Travel (if any)
What makes a successful member of the Faculty team at West Coast University? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Socially Conscious
- Technologically Savvy
“If you are looking to work at a university that takes care of its students, faculty, and staff and allows you to live a prosperous, fulfilling, and healthy life, this is the place for you.”Paul P. Instructor ii, Gen Ed Non-sci, orange county
associate since 2013
We offer a generous benefits package with a wide range of the plans, programs and support you need to thrive.
Day of Service
Our Mission & Culture
At WCU, the work you do empowers our future nurses, therapists, dental hygienists and more — propelling them into our communities where they can do the most good. As part of our dynamic, energized culture, you’ll contribute to our unique mission that always puts students first. You’ll collaborate with incredible people, grow in your profession, and transform healthcare education. Discover what it means to truly believe in the work that you do.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Consistently follows the master course syllabus.
- Effectively uses the LMS to supplement instruction (i.e., adaptive learning and flipping the classroom).
- Participates in and contributes substantively to course and program level assessment activities via a continuous improvement plan as set forth by General Education and/or the University.
- Regularly contributes to improvement of course materials and syllabi within prescribed shared governance culture.
- Consistently employs a variety of teaching methodologies to instruct students, always with intent to facilitate observable evidence of student fulfillment of prescribed learning outcomes.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm for teaching, the teaching/learning process, and for students as individuals.
- Keeps regular, approved office hours (for FT faculty).
- Eight or more years of full time documented (210 units; e.g. 70 3-unit courses or their equivalent) teaching experience in a University setting which could include three or more years of teaching for West Coast University. Instructional experience must be at institutions which are regionally accredited.
- Previous rank of professor from a regionally accredited institution.
- Working with online learning management systems to further engage the student learning process desirable.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Doctorate or terminal degree in specialty field required or Masters degree in specialty field with a Doctorate in a closely related field required. Additional preparation considered (advance practice roles) if not Doctorate prepared.
- Must have earned a minimum of 18 units of additional post-terminal degree education from a regionally accredited or internationally recognized institution in the field associated with teaching.
- Must provide a documented background in educational methodology consistent with teaching assignments including but not limited to education theory and practice, or current concepts relative to specific subjects he or she will be teaching, or current clinical practice experience, or distance education techniques and delivery
- Must meet and maintain the qualifications and standards set forth by any accreditation body that West Coast University is accredited by or in process of obtaining accreditation from, for area of expertise and expectations of faculty member as set forth in regulatory documents.
- Must maintain any professional certifications deemed necessary to meet the requirements of the teaching role.
For over 100 years, West Coast University has been educating and preparing students for professional careers across our six campuses located in Southern California, Dallas, Miami, and Online. As part of our unique student-centric approach to advanced healthcare education you will be empowering future healthcare professionals. At West Coast University our students are Ahead of the Curve. Our Mission is to embrace a student-centric learning partnership that leads to professional success. We deliver transformational education within a culture of integrity and personal accountability.
Our benefited faculty and associates are offered a comprehensive benefit package including:
- Health & Wellness
- Financial & Retirement
- Family & Parenting
- Vacation & Time Off
- Perks & Discount
- Professional Development
West Coast University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to work in and serve an ethnically-diverse population.
No recently viewed jobs.
Don’t have any jobs saved yet? Then start looking! Once you’ve found one you’re interested in, click the heart icon to save a job.