Program AssistantAnaheim, California Job ID: 204039
Reporting directly to the program or department head, the Program Assistant performs the day-to-day administrative functions of the program or department; performs a wide variety of highly responsible and complex administrative support services for personnel, student, and faculty matters; monitors month-by-month calendar of activities and deadlines at the department and campus levels; monitors and communicates regularly with students and associates for adherence to program compliance requirements; works directly with leadership to prepare for and maintain compliance with accrediting bodies. Prepares meeting agendas, memos, and correspondence; completes a variety of non-routine assignments; coordinates busy and shifting office calendars including scheduling and coordinating meetings and/or conferences, and attends meetings for the purpose of recording, preparing and distributing minutes and reports; processes a considerable amount of confidential and sensitive information in support of administrative activities.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or is an essential function of the position.)
- Assists the program head and management with all administrative assignments.
- Deals discreetly with large volumes of sensitive, confidential information concerning student, staff, faculty and campus affairs, information contained in minutes, letters and other documents.
- Initiates, collects, and tracks data within a database system to ensure appropriate related records are maintained.
- Assist with transfer credit input and organization as needed.
- Composes correspondence, memos, minutes and reports for department and team meetings.
- Establishes and maintains record keeping and filing systems. Classifies, and files correspondence, records and other regulatory documents.
- Schedules and organizes committee meetings; assists with the preparation, typing, filing, and distribution of minutes.
- Prepares and/or updates program catalogs or other types of materials; copies and assembles binders, manuals, and packets for meetings and programs as requested and related to academics as necessary.
- Coordinates department incoming and outgoing mail distribution; opens, distributes and prepares responses to routine inquiries.
- Ensures care and maintenance of department office equipment and supplies. Maintains inventory levels for office supplies, copier machines, printers, fax machines, coffee machines, and program materials and literature.
- Distributes supplies as requested/needed
- Meets with students, associates, faculty and other stakeholders to facilitate program execution and respond to requests
- Monitors and communicates regularly with students and/or associates for adherence to license, certifications, development activities, and any other applicable information/documentation and sends to proper department for filing.
- Assists with maintaining files, ensuring accurate and up-to-date information for accreditation. Maintains accreditation files and prepares accreditation reports as directed.
- Assists audits for the department.
- Assists with preparations/arrangements for meals and/or refreshments for meetings and other special events.
- Assists program head with any tracking functions with regard to remediation, documentation and any other data and information as needed.
- Serve as backup to other departments (student services, bursar, registrar, reception, etc) as needed
- Maintains regular and timely attendance, reports to work as scheduled and assures time worked and/or time-off is recorded properly.
- Conducts job responsibilities in accordance with the standards set out in the University’s Code of Ethical Conduct, Compliance Agreement, Sexual Harassment Policy or any of its policies and procedures, applicable federal and states laws, and applicable professional standards.
- Maintains established department policies, procedures and attends in-services and other required meetings.
- Maintains confidentiality of all student, associate, and/or university information as required.
- Exercises care, proper use and maintenance of department equipment and supplies and identifies unsafe conditions and makes appropriate adjustments.
- Maintains order, cleanliness and safety at work.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Two to three years of experience performing office and administrative/secretarial duties, preferably including some administrative support work for one or more managers in an academic or business office environment.
- Proficient command of grammar, punctuation, spelling, and correct usage of the English language.
- Comprehensive knowledge of office systems, practices, and administration.
- Proficient skills and experience in Microsoft Office computer software systems that includes word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation software.
- Proficient reception and telephone communication skills and techniques.
- Evidence of principles and practices of classifying, indexing, processing, retrieving, and controlling a large volume of records.
- Evidence of record keeping, account maintenance, and purchasing practices and procedures.
For over 100 years, West Coast University has been educating and preparing students for professional careers across our six campuses located in Southern California, Dallas, Miami, and Online. As part of our unique student-centric approach to advanced healthcare education you will be empowering future healthcare professionals. At West Coast University our students are Ahead of the Curve. Our Mission is to embrace a student-centric learning partnership that leads to professional success. We deliver transformational education within a culture of integrity and personal accountability.
Our benefited faculty and associates are offered a comprehensive benefit package including:
- Health & Wellness
- Financial & Retirement
- Family & Parenting
- Vacation & Time Off
- Perks & Discount
- Professional Development
West Coast University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to work in and serve an ethnically-diverse population.
“My colleagues and coworkers are sincerely passionate about student success and have a strong team spirit. Our fundamental goal is to improve the quality in our education and service. WCU rewards people with strong team-spirit, a great vision, dedicated commitment, and a high ethical standard.”SOPHIE S.ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR, GEN ED SCI, ORANGE COUNTY
ASSOCIATE SINCE 2017
No recently viewed jobs.
Don’t have any jobs saved yet? Then start looking! Once you’ve found one you’re interested in, click the heart icon to save a job.