Simulation Center SpecialistAnaheim, California Job ID: 202692
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Unlocks patient rooms, control rooms, and supply carts; and turns on lights prior to each simulation session.
- Powers up simulators, patient monitors, audio/visual equipment and other electronic devices and tests all to ensure proper functioning prior to each simulation session.
- Prepares scenario specific patient charts by creating simulated Physician’s Orders, History and Physical, Lab Results, Admission Assessment, Shift Assessment, Consent, Pre-Procedure Checklist, and other forms relative to each scenario.
- Assists in preparing simulators appropriate to the simulation scenario including: filling blood and body fluid chambers, applying wounds and dressings, inserting tubes, etc.
- Creates medication labels and applies them to ampules, solution and powder vials, prefilled syringe cartridges, IV solutions, etc., as needed and maintains stock of commonly used simulated medications.
- Maintains patient supplies by replenishing and restocking after each simulation session including IV tubing and solutions, prefilled syringes, medication vials, suction canisters, drainage bags, chest tube drains, etc. Notifies Manager, Simulation Center of any broken, lost or malfunctioning equipment. Submits supply orders to the Manager, Simulation Center to maintain designated inventory levels. Checks orders received and stocks items.
- Maintains infection control supplies including sharps containers, hand sanitizer, soap, paper towels, warm water, gloves, masks, and gowns.
- Maintains equipment such as air, vacuum, distilled water faucets, mannequins, beds, copy machines, IV pumps, defibrillators, etc. Tests equipment for scheduled simulation sessions to ensure equipment is working properly. Notifies Simulation Center Information Technology Support and Manager, Simulation Center when an equipment malfunction is unable to be resolved in a timely manner.
- Provides support to faculty as needed on simulation operations. Contacts Simulation Center Information Technology Support for assistance when problems arise.
- Associate degree or equivalent experience in Information Systems, Computer Science, Education, Film Making/Production Design, Biology, Chemistry, or a related field required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
For over 100 years, West Coast University has been educating and preparing students for professional careers across our six campuses located in Southern California, Dallas, Miami, and Online. As part of our unique student-centric approach to advanced healthcare education you will be empowering future healthcare professionals. At West Coast University our students are Ahead of the Curve. Our Mission is to embrace a student-centric learning partnership that leads to professional success. We deliver transformational education within a culture of integrity and personal accountability.
Our benefited faculty and associates are offered a comprehensive benefit package including:
- Health & Wellness
- Financial & Retirement
- Family & Parenting
- Vacation & Time Off
- Perks & Discount
- Professional Development
West Coast University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to work in and serve an ethnically-diverse population.
“My colleagues and coworkers are sincerely passionate about student success and have a strong team spirit. Our fundamental goal is to improve the quality in our education and service. WCU rewards people with strong team-spirit, a great vision, dedicated commitment, and a high ethical standard.”SOPHIE S.ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR, GEN ED SCI, ORANGE COUNTY
ASSOCIATE SINCE 2017
No recently viewed jobs.
Don’t have any jobs saved yet? Then start looking! Once you’ve found one you’re interested in, click the heart icon to save a job.