Studio Supervisor (Hybrid)Anaheim, California Job ID: 203950
**This is a Hybrid role where you will be working in the office 3 days/week.
WCU is seeking a media professional who is passionate about creating leading edge educational content and learning experiences that will define the future of online learning. This role will report to our Director, Innovation at the newly created Innovation Lab Studio and supports the organization with creative thinking and outstanding technical execution that transcends traditional higher education content, delivery, assessment, and use of technology. The Innovation Lab aims to infuse best production practices and groundbreaking learning experience design into our healthcare emphasis in higher education, to improve student engagement which ultimately translates into enduring and exceptional outcomes.
The Post-Production Supervisor will act as the day-to-day liaison/first point of contact for the Innovation Lab’s production and post-production studio located in Anaheim, CA. This role will have organizational and creative skills to produce and edit compelling short-form content while managing a growing media library. A strong working knowledge of industry-standards, multimedia production technology, including software and hardware are essential.
- Manage the end-to-end video production and post-production pipeline for work created in the Innovation Lab Studio, including editing, finishing and delivery of final media assets.
- Create a studio scheduling process, production calendar and booking system for the Innovation Lab Studio.
- Partner with internal and external creative professionals, production companies. Projects will include collaboration with roles such as faculty, subject matter experts, showrunner, learning experience designers, and university leadership to deliver project deliverables on time.
- Help establish, maintain, and communicate production and post-production protocol relating to the use of the Studio to create a wide variety of educational video genres ranging from scripted narrative episodic series, live broadcasts, high quality Masterclass-style lectures, and YouTube-style content.
- Oversee live shoots, with high production value and quick turnarounds, utilizing in-house and/or external resources and delivering final productions on time.
- Oversee the tagging, organization, storage and archiving of all audio and video assets.
- Ability to professionally light and shoot interviews in studio or on-location.
- Lead the QC process to ensure all footage and audio from the studio meets the necessary technical standards, including but not limited to:
- Identifying camera, lens, lighting, and/or audio issues and basic color adjustments in Resolve.
- Lead the editing of single and multi-camera video from ingestion of raw footage to final deliverables.
- Create stylized program elements such as show opens, elements, and teases.
- Collaborate with independent production vendors and internal project stakeholders.
- Oversee the archive of all video assets.
- Maintains confidentiality of all customers, student, associate, and/or university information as required.
- Maintains regular and timely attendance, reports to work as scheduled and assures time worked and/or time-off is recorded properly.
- Maintains established department policies, procedures and attends in-services and other required meetings.
- Conducts job responsibilities in accordance with the standards set out in the College’s Code of Ethical Conduct, Compliance Agreement, Sexual Harassment Policy or any of its policies and procedures, applicable federal and state laws, and applicable professional standards.
- Maintains confidentiality of all student, associate, and/or college information as required.
- Exercises care, proper use and maintenance of department equipment and supplies and identifies unsafe conditions and makes appropriate adjustments.
- May perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Film or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2 years of video production and/or post-production experience in short-form film, broadcast television, or digital media.
- 2-3 years’ experience as an Editor or Assistant Editor.
- Post and editorial problem-solving ability.
- Experience in narrative/scripted and documentary/nonfiction production.
- Ability to take factual-based videos and present with engaging visuals.
- Experience managing a slate of multiple projects simultaneously with a team-based approach.
- Experience conducting interviews and working with talent including on camera hosts, experts, and professional actors.
- Experience with a variety of digital media workflows and expertise with Blackmagic workflows (including operation of DaVinci Resolve) is a big plus.
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite, Mac OS as well as DaVinci Resolve.
- Knowledge of different digital video formats with the ability to work with a variety of frame rates and video codecs.
- Experience or knowledge of working with livestreams and production switcher.
- Experience as an instructional designer(s) or teacher/educator or significant experience working on productions in conjunction with these roles is a big plus.
- Experience in developing simulations, learning games, and story-based or problem-based learning experience is a big plus.
- Demonstrated ability to manage the production process from pre-production to delivery.
- Detail-oriented, submerses themselves in the content & subject matter to deliver exceptional results.
- Excellent communicator.
- Experience with large projects and big teams as well as small incremental initiatives.
- Knowledge of the digital media space and social content.
- Solutions-focused individual with excellent organizational skills.
- A mindset of delivering multiple options for key stakeholders to make educated decisions.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills to interact with internal stakeholders.
- A self-starter who loves collaboration and is open to feedback, comfortable working independently as well as in cross-functional teams.
- Impressive presentation and communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Ability to navigate in ambiguous situations while delivering meaningful and documented results.
- Ability to adapt to changing needs and priorities.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams (technology, academics, communications).
- Strong bias for action.
- Valid driver’s license.
For over 100 years, West Coast University has been educating and preparing students for professional careers across our six campuses located in Southern California, Dallas, Miami, and Online. As part of our unique student-centric approach to advanced healthcare education you will be empowering future healthcare professionals. At West Coast University our students are Ahead of the Curve. Our Mission is to embrace a student-centric learning partnership that leads to professional success. We deliver transformational education within a culture of integrity and personal accountability.
Our benefited faculty and associates are offered a comprehensive benefit package including:
- Health & Wellness
- Financial & Retirement
- Family & Parenting
- Vacation & Time Off
- Perks & Discount
- Professional Development
West Coast University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to work in and serve an ethnically-diverse population.
“My colleagues and coworkers are sincerely passionate about student success and have a strong team spirit. Our fundamental goal is to improve the quality in our education and service. WCU rewards people with strong team-spirit, a great vision, dedicated commitment, and a high ethical standard.”SOPHIE S.ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR, GEN ED SCI, ORANGE COUNTY
ASSOCIATE SINCE 2017
No recently viewed jobs.
Don’t have any jobs saved yet? Then start looking! Once you’ve found one you’re interested in, click the heart icon to save a job.