Veteran Student Advisor, Student AffairsAnaheim, California Job ID: 204037
Serving as the primary point of contact for all campus students during their academic career, is the principal advising resource for students and is responsible for enhancing the students’ overall University experience by helping them utilize the University academic and support services, delivering and maintaining a comprehensive persistence success and remediation system. Through collaboration with students, faculty, and associates, the Student Advisor will identify students who need additional assistance to be successful and work to proactively address areas of concern as students strive to achieve their educational goals. The Student Advisor will also coordinate and manage student relations activities such as: student persistence, retention, and satisfaction strategies.Description for Internal Candidates
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate and partner with Academic, FA, Admissions, Registrar, and other University departments on campus to serve students in a holistic and comprehensive manner to ensure students are provided advising and support resources across administrative, co-curricular, and academic areas.
- Educate students on University policy and procedures, and program requirements, ensuring consistent, and accurate information is identified, shared, and applied.
- Coordinate, facilitate, and participate in student outreach activities, services, and processes in the areas of learning and retention strategies, advising, campus life, and life skills to enhance student satisfaction and support successful student outcomes.
- Guide students in how to navigate University resources.
- Monitor student attendance, student satisfaction and other retention related data.
- Utilize and maintain a comprehensive tracking and reporting system for all students identified as at-risk by implementing, monitoring and utilizing early warning and intervention strategies for students who are or are perceived to be “at risk” due to academic or co-curricular concerns, and as identified by the University’s Student Success/Academic Action Plan(s).
- Create comprehensive persistence and remediation reports for the campus Academic Leaders and Director of Student Affairs, and makes recommendations for process improvement.
- May act as subject matter expert and provide services in a specialty role. Such as but not limited to :Serves as the primary point of contact for DOD/VA students and provide advice to Service members on disability counseling, academic counseling, job search activities, financial aid counseling (but for deeper counseling would refer to FA Certifying Official on campus), and student support services. In addition, the point of contact may be asked to assist with updates needed in the DOD/VA databases when tuition, policies impacting Service members and student status changes occur. OR Provide at-risk GE students accurate and timely information regarding the TEAS examination, following completion of all assigned remediation, and support these students until the TEAS examination is passed, student is academically dismissed, or withdrawn.
- Manage and update advising related student records with the necessary information for each individual student, i.e. progress towards program requirements, goals and objectives, information and concerns. This includes but is not limited to related interactions with students: emails, phone calls or written communication and generate regular performance reports summarizing student progress.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university which includes coursework in education, instructional design, administration, business management, student affairs, psychology, or related field.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with three years of experience relevant to the position.
Master’s or higher degree from an accredited college or university which includes coursework in education, instructional design, administration, business management, student personnel, psychology or related field preferred.
For over 100 years, West Coast University has been educating and preparing students for professional careers across our six campuses located in Southern California, Dallas, Miami, and Online. As part of our unique student-centric approach to advanced healthcare education you will be empowering future healthcare professionals. At West Coast University our students are Ahead of the Curve. Our Mission is to embrace a student-centric learning partnership that leads to professional success. We deliver transformational education within a culture of integrity and personal accountability.
Our benefited faculty and associates are offered a comprehensive benefit package including:
- Health & Wellness
- Financial & Retirement
- Family & Parenting
- Vacation & Time Off
- Perks & Discount
- Professional Development
West Coast University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to work in and serve an ethnically-diverse population.
“My colleagues and coworkers are sincerely passionate about student success and have a strong team spirit. Our fundamental goal is to improve the quality in our education and service. WCU rewards people with strong team-spirit, a great vision, dedicated commitment, and a high ethical standard.”SOPHIE S.ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR, GEN ED SCI, ORANGE COUNTY
ASSOCIATE SINCE 2017
No recently viewed jobs.
Don’t have any jobs saved yet? Then start looking! Once you’ve found one you’re interested in, click the heart icon to save a job.