Dean/Program Director, Occupational TherapyDallas, Texas Job ID: 204317
The Dean/Program Director, Occupational Therapy oversees the development, management and administration of the program, including planning, development, delivery, evaluation, budgeting, selection of faculty and staff, maintenance of accreditation, and commitment to strategies for professional development. Ensures program compliance according to state specific Department of Consumer Affairs as well as programmatic accreditation requirements. Develops and manages all experiential learning sites, relationships, policies and procedures. Participates in fiscal administration, curriculum development and coordination, determination of teaching assignments, supervision and evaluation of faculty, design and operation of program facilities, and selection/coordination of program specific external facilities and instruction.Provides professional leadership and support for teaching faculty; serves as a mentor and facilitator for faculty assigned; and enables an environment which fosters creativity, responsiveness, and self-responsibility.
- Earned doctoral degree required that is awarded by an institution that is accredited by a USDE-recognized national or regional accrediting body. The doctoral degree is not limited to a doctorate in occupational therapy.
- Evidence of scholarship (e.g., scholarship of application, practice or engagement, scholarship of teaching and learning) required.
- Certified Occupational Therapist, and maintains license/credentials to practice in the state of Texas.
Minimum of 8 years of documented experience in the field of occupational therapy. This experience must include:
- Clinical practice as an occupational therapist.
- Administrative experience including, but not limited to, program planning and implementation, personnel management, evaluation, and budgeting.
- Understanding of the role of the occupational therapy assistant.
- At least 3 years of experience in a full-time academic appointment with teaching responsibilities at the postsecondary level.
- Leadership knowledge in the program field to cultivate a learner-centered environment and to foster excellence.
- Knowledge in technological support and delivery of program area and services.
- Knowledge and evidence of strong supervisory and management skills as applicable to specialized program area.
- Knowledge of state, federal and local laws/regulations relating to programs, governmental compliance and other regulatory standards such as Title IV, WASC, ACICS, AOTA, and other accreditation standards.
- Experience with MS Office.
- Knowledge of applicable databases and computer application systems to supply the most accurate information, reports and projections.
For over 100 years, West Coast University has been educating and preparing students for professional careers across our six campuses located in Southern California, Dallas, Miami, and Online. As part of our unique student-centric approach to advanced healthcare education you will be empowering future healthcare professionals. At West Coast University our students are Ahead of the Curve. Our Mission is to embrace a student-centric learning partnership that leads to professional success. We deliver transformational education within a culture of integrity and personal accountability.
Our benefited faculty and associates are offered a comprehensive benefit package including:
- Health & Wellness
- Financial & Retirement
- Family & Parenting
- Vacation & Time Off
- Perks & Discount
- Professional Development
West Coast University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to work in and serve an ethnically-diverse population.
“My colleagues and coworkers are sincerely passionate about student success and have a strong team spirit. Our fundamental goal is to improve the quality in our education and service. WCU rewards people with strong team-spirit, a great vision, dedicated commitment, and a high ethical standard.”SOPHIE S.ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR, GEN ED SCI, ORANGE COUNTY
ASSOCIATE SINCE 2017
No recently viewed jobs.
Don’t have any jobs saved yet? Then start looking! Once you’ve found one you’re interested in, click the heart icon to save a job.