Instructor I, Gen Ed Sci
When you join our faculty at West Coast University, you’ll become part of a team that always puts students first. And that means you’ll have the tools, technologies, resources and support you need to make a real difference in their lives, empowering new generations of healthcare leaders. Get ready to learn and grow in an energized environment with year-round curricula, collaborating with talented colleagues and reimagining healthcare education as we know it.
- Minimal Travel (if any)
What makes a successful member of the Faculty team at West Coast University? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Socially Conscious
- Technologically Savvy
“If you are looking to work at a university that takes care of its students, faculty, and staff and allows you to live a prosperous, fulfilling, and healthy life, this is the place for you.”Paul P. Instructor ii, Gen Ed Non-sci, orange county
associate since 2013
We offer a generous benefits package with a wide range of the plans, programs and support you need to thrive.
Day of Service
Our Mission & Culture
At WCU, the work you do empowers our future nurses, therapists, dental hygienists and more — propelling them into our communities where they can do the most good. As part of our dynamic, energized culture, you’ll contribute to our unique mission that always puts students first. You’ll collaborate with incredible people, grow in your profession, and transform healthcare education. Discover what it means to truly believe in the work that you do.
Reporting directly to the campus Academic Dean and/or University Chair of General Education, the Instructor I, General Education supports the University in fulfillment of its mission, purpose and goals. Creates an educational environment which fosters innovation, responsiveness, and accountability. Provides professional leadership and support, and serves as an educator, role model, mentor and facilitator. Focuses extensively on facilitating student learning associated with prescribed course and program learning outcomes. Provides program-specific expertise and is actively engaged in relevant department initiatives. Supports University, campus, and/or departmental goals in order to assure compliance with programmatic accreditation and/or licensure, internal consistency, and graduate outcomes that meet student learning, workplace and placement expectations. Actively and substantively participates in assessment of student learning activities at the course and program level to maximize the potential for students to learn what is necessary to meet prescribed outcomes. Vigorously upholds a culture of academic integrity.
- Two or more years’ experience (minimum of 30 teaching credits of instruction, or 10 3-unit courses or equivalent) in teaching in a university or college setting required.
- If applicable, certification(s) in area(s) of specialization required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite Products, especially Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and other MS office products as needed.
- Program specific:
- Knowledge of state, federal and local laws/regulations relating to programs, governmental compliance and other regulatory standards and/or accreditation bodies.
(Every effort has been made to identify the essential skills/qualifications of this position. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only skills/qualifications you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of skills/qualifications does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or is an essential skill/qualification of the position.)
- Ability to demonstrate clear criminal background history.
- Ability to maintain academic standards.
- Ability to work independently with general supervision.
- Ability to demonstrate a thorough, accurate and practical knowledge of their field or discipline.
- Ability to interpret and evaluate the theories of their field or discipline.
- Ability to effectively operate related equipment and machines for instructional purposes.
- Ability to operate a variety of office equipment and machines such as computer terminal, calculator and copier.
- Ability to compile data entry via a computer terminal.
- Ability to manage and work effectively in a highly ethnic and culturally diverse student and associate community.
- Ability to use effective communication skills, both oral and written, including presentations and effective listening skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively before public groups, committees and in meetings.
- Ability to effectively use interpersonal skills, follow through with duties, provide attention to detail, and demonstrate the ability to motivate others.
- Ability to use creative facilitation and conflict resolution skills to resolve difficult and sensitive issues.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to self-direct, self-pace, multi-task and function well under pressure of deadlines and conflicting priorities in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to exercise good judgment.
- Ability to interpret rules, regulations, policies and procedures and assure compliance.
- Ability to work collaboratively and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule.
- Ability to travel/drive locally on a weekly, daily and/or on an as needed basis as well as occasional travel to other campuses or locations.
- Ability to communicate using bilingual skills is a plus but not mandatory.
- Master’s degree in specialty field required.
- If applicable, certification(s) in area(s) of specialization required.
- Must provide a documented background in educational methodology consistent with teaching assignments including but not limited to education theory and practice, or current concepts relative to specific subjects he or she will be teaching, or current clinical practice experience, or distance education techniques and delivery.
- Must meet and maintain the qualifications and standards set forth by any accreditation body that West Coast University is accredited by or in process of obtaining accreditation from, for area of expertise and expectations of faculty member as set forth in regulatory documents.
- Must maintain any professional certifications deemed necessary to meet the requirements of the teaching role.
For over 100 years, West Coast University has been educating and preparing students for professional careers across our six campuses located in Southern California, Dallas, Miami, and Online. As part of our unique student-centric approach to advanced healthcare education you will be empowering future healthcare professionals. At West Coast University our students are Ahead of the Curve. Our Mission is to embrace a student-centric learning partnership that leads to professional success. We deliver transformational education within a culture of integrity and personal accountability.
Our benefited faculty and associates are offered a comprehensive benefit package including:
- Health & Wellness
- Financial & Retirement
- Family & Parenting
- Vacation & Time Off
- Perks & Discount
- Professional Development
West Coast University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to work in and serve an ethnically-diverse population.
No recently viewed jobs.
Don’t have any jobs saved yet? Then start looking! Once you’ve found one you’re interested in, click the heart icon to save a job.