General Education Instructor - Science
When you join our faculty at West Coast University, you’ll become part of a team that always puts students first. And that means you’ll have the tools, technologies, resources and support you need to make a real difference in their lives, empowering new generations of healthcare leaders. Get ready to learn and grow in an energized environment with year-round curricula, collaborating with talented colleagues and reimagining healthcare education as we know it.
- Minimal Travel (if any)
What makes a successful member of the Faculty team at West Coast University? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Socially Conscious
- Technologically Savvy
“If you are looking to work at a university that takes care of its students, faculty, and staff and allows you to live a prosperous, fulfilling, and healthy life, this is the place for you.”Paul P. Instructor ii, Gen Ed Non-sci, orange county
associate since 2013
We offer a generous benefits package with a wide range of the plans, programs and support you need to thrive.
Day of Service
Our Mission & Culture
At WCU, the work you do empowers our future nurses, therapists, dental hygienists and more — propelling them into our communities where they can do the most good. As part of our dynamic, energized culture, you’ll contribute to our unique mission that always puts students first. You’ll collaborate with incredible people, grow in your profession, and transform healthcare education. Discover what it means to truly believe in the work that you do.
Reporting directly to the campus Academic Dean and/or University Chair of General Education, the Instructor I, General Education supports the University in fulfillment of its mission, purpose and goals. Focuses extensively on facilitating student learning associated with prescribed course and program learning outcomes. Provides professional leadership and support, and serves as an educator, role model, mentor and facilitator. Focuses extensively on facilitating student learning associated with prescribed course and program learning outcomes. Creates an educational environment which fosters innovation, responsiveness, and accountability. Provides program-specific expertise and is actively engaged in relevant department initiatives. Supports University, Campus, and/or departmental goals in order to assure compliance with programmatic accreditation and/or licensure, internal consistency, and graduate outcomes that meet student learning, workplace and placement expectations. Actively and substantively participates in assessment of student learning activities to maximize the potential for students to learn what is necessary to meet prescribed outcomes. Vigorously upholds a culture of academic integrity.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Fulfills assigned teaching load.
- Consistently follows the master course syllabus.
- Effectively uses the LMS to supplement instruction (i.e., adaptive learning and flipping the classroom).
- Participates in and contributes substantively to course and program level assessment activities of courses/curriculum and program via a continuous improvement plan as set forth by General Education and/or the University.
- Regularly contributes to improvement of course materials and syllabi within prescribed shared governance culture.
- Consistently employs a variety of teaching methodologies to instruct students, always with intent to facilitate observable evidence of student fulfillment of prescribed learning outcomes.
- Ensures that all laboratory safety protocols and procedures are followed.
- Attends professional development activities each year as agreed upon with supervisor in development plan.
- Attends teaching development activities each year as assigned by supervisor to enhance teaching/learning skills.
- Attends all faculty meetings twice per year (for full time faculty attendance is required, for adjunct faculty attendance is strongly recommended)
PROFESSIONAL GROWTH AND SERVICE:
- Attends Department, College and University meetings/councils as arranged/approved by supervisor.
- Demeanor reflects collegiality and behavior demonstrates professional and ethical conduct.
- Maintains membership in a professional organization.
- Develops connections within professional community both inside and outside the University.
- Actively and substantively participates in General Education and University initiatives as assigned.
- May assist with gathering program data to ensure best practices and optimal student outcomes.
- Master’s degree in specialty field required.
- If applicable, certification(s) in area(s) of specialization required.
- Must provide a documented background in educational methodology consistent with teaching assignments including but not limited to education theory and practice, or current concepts relative to specific subjects he or she will be teaching, or current clinical practice experience, or distance education techniques and delivery.
- Must meet and maintain the qualifications and standards set forth by any accreditation body that West Coast University is accredited by or in process of obtaining accreditation from, for area of expertise and expectations of faculty member as set forth in regulatory documents.
- Must maintain any professional certifications deemed necessary to meet the requirements of the teaching role.
For over 100 years, West Coast University has been educating and preparing students for professional careers across our six campuses located in Southern California, Dallas, Miami, and Online. As part of our unique student-centric approach to advanced healthcare education you will be empowering future healthcare professionals. At West Coast University our students are Ahead of the Curve. Our Mission is to embrace a student-centric learning partnership that leads to professional success. We deliver transformational education within a culture of integrity and personal accountability.
Our benefited faculty and associates are offered a comprehensive benefit package including:
- Health & Wellness
- Financial & Retirement
- Family & Parenting
- Vacation & Time Off
- Perks & Discount
- Professional Development
West Coast University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to work in and serve an ethnically-diverse population.
No recently viewed jobs.
Don’t have any jobs saved yet? Then start looking! Once you’ve found one you’re interested in, click the heart icon to save a job.