Program Director, Physician Assistant ProgramDallas, Texas Job ID: 202580
Reports to both the University Provost and the Campus Executive Director in a dual manner. The Program Director oversees the development, management and administration of the program, including planning, development, delivery, evaluation, budgeting, selection of faculty and staff, maintenance of accreditation, and commitment to strategies for professional development. Ensures program compliance according to regional as well as programmatic accreditation requirements. Responsible for the development and appropriate management of all experiential learning sites, relationships, policies and procedures. Participates in fiscal administration, curriculum development and coordination, determination of teaching assignments, supervision and evaluation of faculty, design and operation of program facilities, and selection/coordination of program specific external facilities and instruction.Provides professional leadership and support for teaching faculty; serves as a mentor and facilitator for faculty assigned; and enables an environment which fosters creativity, responsiveness, and self-responsibility.
- Minimum five years administrative experience including program planning and implementation, personnel management, evaluation and budgeting.
- Minimum of five years in the field of physician assistant, including documented clinical practice.
- At least two years of experience in a full-time academic appointment with teaching responsibilities at the post-secondary level.
- Leadership knowledge in the program field to cultivate a learner-centered environment and to foster excellence.
- Knowledge in technological support and delivery of program area and services.
- Knowledge and evidence of strong supervisory and management skills as applicable to specialized program area.
- Knowledge of state, federal and local laws/regulations relating to programs, governmental compliance and other regulatory standards such as Title IV, WASC, ARC-PA and other accreditation standards.
- Experience with MS Office.
- Knowledge of applicable databases and computer application systems to supply the most accurate information, reports and projections.
- Must have at least three years of full-time higher education experience.
(Every effort has been made to identify the essential skills/qualifications of this position. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only skills/qualifications you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of skills/qualifications does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or is an essential skill/qualification of the position.)
- Ability to work independently with general supervision.
- Ability to demonstrate a thorough, accurate and practical knowledge of the field or discipline.
- Ability to interpret and evaluate the theories of their field or discipline.
- Ability to effectively operate related equipment and machines for instructional purposes.
- Ability to operate a variety of office equipment and machines such as computer terminal, calculator and copier.
- Ability to manage and work effectively in a highly ethnic and culturally diverse student and associate community.
- Ability to use effective communication skills, both oral and written, including presentations and effective listening skills.
- Ability to speak before public groups, committees and meetings.
- Ability to effectively use interpersonal skills, follow through with duties, provide attention to detail, and demonstrate the ability to motivate others.
- Ability to use creative facilitation and conflict resolution skills to resolve difficult and sensitive issues.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to self-direct, self-pace, multi-task and function well under pressure of deadlines and conflicting priorities.
- Ability to work with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to exercise good judgment.
- Ability to interpret rules, regulations, policies and procedures and assure compliance.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent customer service skills and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule.
- Ability to travel/drive locally on a weekly, daily and/or on an as needed basis.
- Ability to demonstrate bilingual skills is a plus but not mandatory.
- Earned master’s degree in an appropriate healthcare field is required.
- Earned relevant doctoral degree is preferred.
- Degrees must be awarded by an institution that is accredited by a USDE-recognized national or regional accrediting body.
- Evidence of scholarship (e.g., scholarship of application, practice or engagement, scholarship of teaching and learning).
- Credentialed physician assistant, licensed to practice.
- Must hold current or emeritus NCCPA certification status.
For over 100 years, West Coast University has been educating and preparing students for professional careers across our six campuses located in Southern California, Dallas, Miami, and Online. As part of our unique student-centric approach to advanced healthcare education you will be empowering future healthcare professionals. At West Coast University our students are Ahead of the Curve. Our Mission is to embrace a student-centric learning partnership that leads to professional success. We deliver transformational education within a culture of integrity and personal accountability.
Our benefited faculty and associates are offered a comprehensive benefit package including:
- Health & Wellness
- Financial & Retirement
- Family & Parenting
- Vacation & Time Off
- Perks & Discount
- Professional Development
West Coast University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to work in and serve an ethnically-diverse population.
“My colleagues and coworkers are sincerely passionate about student success and have a strong team spirit. Our fundamental goal is to improve the quality in our education and service. WCU rewards people with strong team-spirit, a great vision, dedicated commitment, and a high ethical standard.”SOPHIE S.ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR, GEN ED SCI, ORANGE COUNTY
ASSOCIATE SINCE 2017
No recently viewed jobs.
Don’t have any jobs saved yet? Then start looking! Once you’ve found one you’re interested in, click the heart icon to save a job.