Call Center Representative (Hybrid)Irvine, California Job ID: 204141
**This is a Hybrid position where you will work 3 days/week in the office and 2 days/week from your home office.
- Call Center Representative is responsible for providing excellent Customer Service in accordance with the mission and values of the company.
- Manages a high volume of inbound and outbound calls for both American Career College and West Coast University.
- Follows different communication Scripts based on call type. Performs data entry for all inbound inquiry calls (name, address, email, phone number, consents for texting and auto dial, etc.) and warm transfers the call to an Admissions team member based on program of interest and school brand.
- Receives some inbound calls for campus departments and follows scripts, processes. In some instances, Representative will pre-qualify and schedule appointments for the prospective student to visit the campus and meet with our Admissions team.
- Places outbound re-contact calls on a daily basis using an automated telephone dialer and updates prospective record with outcomes of call (call attempts, etc.).
- Call Center Representative essential functions include answering a high volume of inbound calls/outbound dials and providing outstanding customer service to prospective students, fellow co-workers, and executives. Always friendly, patient, and positive with the goal of exceeding expectations and satisfaction.
- Incoming department calls: Receives and screens inbound calls for both American Career College and West Coast University. Routes them to appropriate departments or individuals at the campuses. Takes detailed/accurate messages and forwards accordingly.
- Incoming Inquiry calls for American Career College & West Coast University: Follows Scripts based on call and provides information to prospective students in response to inquiries; performs data entry of personal information (name, address, source, email, phone number, etc.), transfer calls to the Admissions team member and assigns the CRM record/information to the advisor based on rotation. Maintains related records/information on calls and distribution. For WCU Online, additional pre-qualification questions apply.
- Outbound Re-contact calls/campaigns: Responsible for outbound calls for Both American Career College and West Coast University using a Telephone Automatic dialing system to all web/affiliate inquiries that inquire via the internet. Information is automatically pushed to dialer and CC rep dials out, confirms information, and warm transfers the call to the Admissions team based on program of interest and location on a rotation basis. Maintains related records/information on calls and distribution. For WCU Online and Center for Graduate Studies, additional pre-qualification questions apply.
- Appointment Setting: When Advisors are not available, follow script and schedule Info-Sessions and/or appointments for prospective students to visit the campus. Review campus and program specific Info-Session schedule. Provide details on address and other pertinent information based on Program. Set up the appointment in the CRM system. Finally, when necessary email Admissions Advisor of any special details.
- Inbound Employer calls: Follows script and takes appropriate information for Career Service Employer calls. Transfers call to program specialist accordingly or takes a detailed message and forwards.
- Disqualification Queue/View: Monitor throughout the day and review the invalid inquiries Admissions Advisors are submitting and process accordingly (DNC requires update in the CRM file and DNC system, random Customer Service call to confirm Invalidation, switch between campuses, email communication for rejections, etc.). Once that is completed, Approve or Reject each of the submissions/files.
- Not Acknowledge Queue/View: Monitor throughout the day and review the inquiries that have been returned to the queue. Re-assign each of the records to an Admissions Advisor.
- High School Graduate or equivalent required.
- Requires basic knowledge of standards and processes within a narrow scope of work.
- Minimum 2 years experience preferred; A minimum of one to two years’ experience as a Call Center, Customer Service Representative, receptionist, or office related position.
- May require vocational or technical education in addition to prior work experience.
- Customer Service experience.
- Experience with handling a high volume of telephone calls with courtesy, speed, and accuracy.
- Telephone Auto Dialing System experience preferred
- Excellent Customer Service skills (patient, friendly, upbeat attitude).
- Ability to type a minimum of 40WPM.
- Ability to operate a telephone switchboard and/or telephone automatic dialing system.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including weekends (rotational Saturday's).
- Some knowledge in Microsoft office.
- Ability to demonstrate strong professional verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle difficult callers in a professional manner with a goal in mind of completing the call on a positive note.
- Ability to multi-task and function well under pressure.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all associate, student, and administrative information.
- Ability for work effectively in a high ethnic and culturally diverse student and associate community.
- Able to multi-task and have great problem solving skills.
- Detail Oriented Bilingual skills are not mandatory, but are an asset.
- CRM knowledge preferred
For over 100 years, West Coast University has been educating and preparing students for professional careers across our six campuses located in Southern California, Dallas, Miami, and Online. As part of our unique student-centric approach to advanced healthcare education you will be empowering future healthcare professionals. At West Coast University our students are Ahead of the Curve. Our Mission is to embrace a student-centric learning partnership that leads to professional success. We deliver transformational education within a culture of integrity and personal accountability.
Our benefited faculty and associates are offered a comprehensive benefit package including:
- Health & Wellness
- Financial & Retirement
- Family & Parenting
- Vacation & Time Off
- Perks & Discount
- Professional Development
West Coast University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to work in and serve an ethnically-diverse population.
“My colleagues and coworkers are sincerely passionate about student success and have a strong team spirit. Our fundamental goal is to improve the quality in our education and service. WCU rewards people with strong team-spirit, a great vision, dedicated commitment, and a high ethical standard.”SOPHIE S.ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR, GEN ED SCI, ORANGE COUNTY
ASSOCIATE SINCE 2017
No recently viewed jobs.
Don’t have any jobs saved yet? Then start looking! Once you’ve found one you’re interested in, click the heart icon to save a job.