Director, HR & Organizational CommunicationsIrvine, California Job ID: 204341
Reporting to the Vice President, Communications, the Director, Human Resources and Organizational Communications is a member of the HR team, responsible for supporting the planning, development, and delivery of high-quality internal communications that advance and support the organization’s HR operations and initiatives, its Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, organization philanthropic communications, and associate communications. They will support the VP, Communications by creating and distributing communications that inform and engage associates, contribute to recruiting, retaining and inspiring members of the organization, and expand awareness of and alignment with organizational culture.
This position is accountable for helping our organization manage its internal flow of HR information, developing and implementing protocols, and encouraging engagement through continual improvement of our intranet. They have experience using web/intranet CMS tools and tools such as Sharepoint and PoliteMail/Marketo to develop and share communications. They will have multi-channel experience (websites, intranets, social platforms ie LinkedIn) and analytical experience (ie reporting out on user data, metrics, etc.).
Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Business or related field.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience working in an organization in communications functions.
- Minimum 5 years experience and track record in internal, HR and organizational communications.
- Experience building, maintaining, and driving employee engagement through organizational intranet highly valuable for success in the role.
- Experience in higher education is valuable, but not required.
- Experience developing content for multiple communication channels, including web, intranets, town halls, and video.
- Experience managing fast-paced projects in a deadline-driven environment.
- Strong computer aptitude, and knowledge of email formatting and distribution tools and content management systems. Technically savvy at sharepoint, powerpoint, excel, email tools (ie constant contact)– all to enrich and empower the impact of communications initiatives.
For over 100 years, West Coast University has been educating and preparing students for professional careers across our six campuses located in Southern California, Dallas, Miami, and Online. As part of our unique student-centric approach to advanced healthcare education you will be empowering future healthcare professionals. At West Coast University our students are Ahead of the Curve. Our Mission is to embrace a student-centric learning partnership that leads to professional success. We deliver transformational education within a culture of integrity and personal accountability.
Our benefited faculty and associates are offered a comprehensive benefit package including:
- Health & Wellness
- Financial & Retirement
- Family & Parenting
- Vacation & Time Off
- Perks & Discount
- Professional Development
West Coast University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to work in and serve an ethnically-diverse population.
“My colleagues and coworkers are sincerely passionate about student success and have a strong team spirit. Our fundamental goal is to improve the quality in our education and service. WCU rewards people with strong team-spirit, a great vision, dedicated commitment, and a high ethical standard.”SOPHIE S.ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR, GEN ED SCI, ORANGE COUNTY
ASSOCIATE SINCE 2017
No recently viewed jobs.
Don’t have any jobs saved yet? Then start looking! Once you’ve found one you’re interested in, click the heart icon to save a job.