Director of Internal Communications & Media RelationsIrvine, California Job ID: 201981
Reporting to the Vice President of Communications, Director, Internal Communications & Media Relations is responsible for communications plans and activities that inform and engage associates with the company’s vision, mission, and values in workplaces across the country, as well as external audiences about our schools and impact in the community. This person will support and drive the effectiveness of companywide communications and engagement strategies through various channels, content, measurement and events. This person will also assist teams in implementing programs and developing or advising on content for speeches, announcements, events, and videos. In addition, the Director will lead Media Relations for West Coast University and American Career College.
Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Business or related field
- Seven to ten years of experience in communications, marketing, public relations, or related functions.
- Experience in higher education is valuable, but not required.
- Mastery of public relations and internal and external communications.
- Ability to develop content that displays effective multi-media story telling techniques.
- Experience managing fast-paced projects in a deadline-driven environment.
- Strong computer aptitude on both Mac and PC platforms. Knowledge of Cision or other media database software.
- Basic knowledge of websites, content management systems (especially Mac IOS, Microsoft Office, social media, photography and videography).
For over 100 years, West Coast University has been educating and preparing students for professional careers across our six campuses located in Southern California, Dallas, Miami, and Online. As part of our unique student-centric approach to advanced healthcare education you will be empowering future healthcare professionals. At West Coast University our students are Ahead of the Curve. Our Mission is to embrace a student-centric learning partnership that leads to professional success. We deliver transformational education within a culture of integrity and personal accountability.
Our benefited faculty and associates are offered a comprehensive benefit package including:
- Health & Wellness
- Financial & Retirement
- Family & Parenting
- Vacation & Time Off
- Perks & Discount
- Professional Development
West Coast University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to work in and serve an ethnically-diverse population.
“My colleagues and coworkers are sincerely passionate about student success and have a strong team spirit. Our fundamental goal is to improve the quality in our education and service. WCU rewards people with strong team-spirit, a great vision, dedicated commitment, and a high ethical standard.”SOPHIE S.ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR, GEN ED SCI, ORANGE COUNTY
ASSOCIATE SINCE 2017
No recently viewed jobs.
Don’t have any jobs saved yet? Then start looking! Once you’ve found one you’re interested in, click the heart icon to save a job.