Director, Predictive AnalyticsIrvine, California Job ID: 201086
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, interprets, analyzes an provides predictive modeling of university metrics including retention, placement, tuition and scholarships, graduation rates, student learning, and other relevant academic success factors to be used for decision making related to enhancing student outcomes and academic excellence.
Conducts research to determine best approach to collect required data. Supervises the collection, analysis, and rigor of data for use by the organization. Provides data analysis, interpretation, and preparation of reports. Provides information and analytic support to the University’s decision makers, and prompts activities to improve student persistence and academic success.
The ideal candidate is a graduate from a four-year college or university, including or supplemented by advanced understanding and applications of statistics, data mining, programming and data visualization is required. Graduate study in computer science, economics, mathematics, statistics, or engineering is highly desired. Three years of working experience in technical research, statistical work in the collection, compilation, and analysis of student, faculty, class, enrollment and financial planning data, data warehousing and higher education business intelligence. Five years of progressively responsible professional full-time experience in higher education Institutional Research or Data Science or Analytical Studies.
Demonstrated work experience in Institutional research in higher education including interpretation and presentation of student, faculty, class, enrollment and financial planning data is highly desired. Demonstrated working experience of SQL/PLSQL programming, CVUE, and Python Pandas and Scikit-Learn will be given due consideration. Candidates must also have a minimum three years of progressive responsibility in machine learning and deep learning using Python.
Three years of working experience leading and supervising a team of at least two data analysts. The supervisory experience requires recruiting, evaluating, coaching and optimizing talents and staff in a strong statistical, analytic, data management, and reporting and data visualization line of work.
Candidates must have working knowledge in the following:
• Expert working knowledge in SQL.
• Expert working knowledge in Python with mastery in all of the following:
- Pandas and Numpy
• Expert working knowledge in one of the following:
- Plotly or Dash
• Expert working knowledge in Institutional Research in Higher Education. This must include complete understanding of varying working definitions as well as mastery in extracting and preparing data to be machine-learn-ready in all of the following research areas:
- Student success metrics including:
- Retention rates
- Graduation rates
- Pre-licensure board passage rates
- Job placement rates
- Student admission data
- Student classes/courses data
- Student term by term academic performance data
- Faculty data
- Enrollment planning data
- Student assessment data
• The position requires a minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible professional full-time experience in higher education Institutional Research or Data Science or Analytical Studies.
• Ability to develop metrics, measurements, templates and tools for continual improvement tracking and monitoring of key indicators for areas of responsibility that facilitate the process of research within a culture of “management by evidence”, decisions based on data.
• Experience leading analytical teams, including cross functional business and technology teams.
• Experience leading teams building analytical applications/products.
• Ability to oversee execution of data and analytics roadmap, including establishing individual projects for delivery.
For over 100 years, West Coast University has been educating and preparing students for professional careers across our six campuses located in Southern California, Dallas, Miami, and Online. As part of our unique student-centric approach to advanced healthcare education you will be empowering future healthcare professionals. At West Coast University our students are Ahead of the Curve. Our Mission is to embrace a student-centric learning partnership that leads to professional success. We deliver transformational education within a culture of integrity and personal accountability.
Our benefited faculty and associates are offered a comprehensive benefit package including:
- Health & Wellness
- Financial & Retirement
- Family & Parenting
- Vacation & Time Off
- Perks & Discount
- Professional Development
West Coast University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to work in and serve an ethnically-diverse population.
“My colleagues and coworkers are sincerely passionate about student success and have a strong team spirit. Our fundamental goal is to improve the quality in our education and service. WCU rewards people with strong team-spirit, a great vision, dedicated commitment, and a high ethical standard.”SOPHIE S.ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR, GEN ED SCI, ORANGE COUNTY
ASSOCIATE SINCE 2017
No recently viewed jobs.
Don’t have any jobs saved yet? Then start looking! Once you’ve found one you’re interested in, click the heart icon to save a job.