Executive Director, Campus Security and Emergency ManagementIrvine, California Job ID: 204197
SUMMARY: Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer in a multi-location, proprietary educational setting, the Executive Director, Campus Security and Emergency Management has direct responsibility for driving initiatives to reduce security risk, ensuring the protection of assets and the campus community at all locations, and emergency readiness initiatives throughout ACC | WCU.
The Executive Director, Campus Security and Emergency Management will manage the full ACC | WCU Security and Emergency Management Program, ensuring communication with campus and executive leadership on a regular basis and providing recommendations derived from collaborative inter-departmental teamwork with the primary aim of reducing security risk throughout the organization.
The Executive Director, Campus Security and Emergency Management ensures continuous operational improvements and implementation of security technology, provides oversight and management of the outsourced security provider and is responsible for ensuring institutional compliance with the Clery Act and other applicable laws and safety regulations.
The Executive Director, Campus Security and Emergency Management will unify emergency preparedness, practices and training across multiple sites, and will possess a vision for cutting edge, best practices in security and emergency readiness.
The Executive Director, Campus Security and Emergency Management will work closely with functional area leadership throughout the company to ensure security solutions are collaboratively developed and will maintain regular and consistent communication with campus leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree in Security Management, Criminal Justice, Police Science, Public Administration, or related field
- Master’s preferred.
- 10 Years or more of experience in security management or law enforcement leadership
- Comprehensive knowledge of laws, regulations, and best practices in campus security and emergency management
- Experience supervising and monitoring campus security operations at multiple regional campus locations
- Experience authoring policies, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Emergency Action Plans, and post orders
- 2 Years or more experience working in a University/College campus security or public safety capacity
- Leadership experience supervising campus safety and risk management activities
- Experience managing incident documentation and reporting systems for Clery Act compliance
- Experience planning and conducting emergency response drills and training sessions
- Experience with supervising enterprise-level security operations centers
- Experience managing contracted security guard/officer forces
- Certified Threat Manager (CTM) certification by the Association of Threat Assessment Professionals (ATAP)
- Certified Protection Professional (CPP) board-certification by ASIS International
- Physical Security Professional (PSP) board-certification by ASIS International
- Completion of threat assessment training employing a threat assessment methodology and/or SPJ validated for use in higher education environments
- Completion of FEMA ICS/emergency management courses including ICS 100, 200, 300, 400, and 700
For over 100 years, West Coast University has been educating and preparing students for professional careers across our six campuses located in Southern California, Dallas, Miami, and Online. As part of our unique student-centric approach to advanced healthcare education you will be empowering future healthcare professionals. At West Coast University our students are Ahead of the Curve. Our Mission is to embrace a student-centric learning partnership that leads to professional success. We deliver transformational education within a culture of integrity and personal accountability.
Our benefited faculty and associates are offered a comprehensive benefit package including:
- Health & Wellness
- Financial & Retirement
- Family & Parenting
- Vacation & Time Off
- Perks & Discount
- Professional Development
West Coast University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to work in and serve an ethnically-diverse population.
“My colleagues and coworkers are sincerely passionate about student success and have a strong team spirit. Our fundamental goal is to improve the quality in our education and service. WCU rewards people with strong team-spirit, a great vision, dedicated commitment, and a high ethical standard.”SOPHIE S.ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR, GEN ED SCI, ORANGE COUNTY
ASSOCIATE SINCE 2017
No recently viewed jobs.
Don’t have any jobs saved yet? Then start looking! Once you’ve found one you’re interested in, click the heart icon to save a job.