Innovation Lab Learning Experience DesignerIrvine, California Job ID: 201081
Reporting to the Director of Online Innovation, executes creative and leading edge educational content and digital learning experiences that redefine student engagement. Supports Innovation Lab ideas and projects using design thinking and stage gate framework to reimagine the educational experience through a wide variety of emerging educational technologies. Collaborates with subject matter experts, consultants, external partners, faculty and students to design and test high impact innovations built on sound cognitive science and learning experience design methodologies.
- Minimum three years of experience creating digital learning content.
- Demonstrated experience using instructional design theories or cognitive science in the design and development of engaging content.
- Experience in developing and implementing innovative learning experiences for adult learners from ideation through implementation.
- Working knowledge of emerging technologies including (but not limited to) interactive multimedia, 360 video,AR/VR,, game-based learning and their applicability to learning experience design.
- Digital portfolio of previous projects (can include project management examples, demo-reels, design logic, documentaries, UI/UX).
- Design and development of online learning content in the healthcare, medical, or related fields.
- Design and development of immersive digital experiences.
- Familiarity with design thinking and Stage Gate framework.
- Producing, directing, or script writing videos, documentaries or short films.
- Experience in developing simulations, learning games, and story based or problem-based learning experience.
- Master’s degree in instructional design, psychology, educational technology and instruction, film making, multimedia design, or related field from a regionally accredited institution required. Equivalent field experience will be considered.
- Education specialist degree or doctorate degree in instructional design, instructional technology, or related field from a regionally accredited institution preferred.
For over 100 years, West Coast University has been educating and preparing students for professional careers across our six campuses located in Southern California, Dallas, Miami, and Online. As part of our unique student-centric approach to advanced healthcare education you will be empowering future healthcare professionals. At West Coast University our students are Ahead of the Curve. Our Mission is to embrace a student-centric learning partnership that leads to professional success. We deliver transformational education within a culture of integrity and personal accountability.
Our benefited faculty and associates are offered a comprehensive benefit package including:
- Health & Wellness
- Financial & Retirement
- Family & Parenting
- Vacation & Time Off
- Perks & Discount
- Professional Development
West Coast University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to work in and serve an ethnically-diverse population.
“My colleagues and coworkers are sincerely passionate about student success and have a strong team spirit. Our fundamental goal is to improve the quality in our education and service. WCU rewards people with strong team-spirit, a great vision, dedicated commitment, and a high ethical standard.”SOPHIE S.ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR, GEN ED SCI, ORANGE COUNTY
ASSOCIATE SINCE 2017
No recently viewed jobs.
Don’t have any jobs saved yet? Then start looking! Once you’ve found one you’re interested in, click the heart icon to save a job.