Innovation Lab Learning Experience Instructional DesignerIrvine, California Job ID: 201081
Learning Experience Designer
Full-time Employee, Los Angeles area (paid relocation)
(Hybrid - onsite/remote work)
Are you a creative, tech-minded Learning Designer?
Are you energized by thinking about how to bridge learning design with technological solutions, storytelling, media, and more to create meaningful student engagement? Are you looking for a place with the culture, resources and collaborators to push the boundaries in reimagining digital learning?
If so, this is an exciting opportunity to work in the new Innovation Lab with West Coast University. You will collaborate with subject matter experts, consultants, external partners, faculty, and students to design and test high-impact innovations. You will be responsible for bringing sound learning design and cognitive science methodologies to practice and going through a design-thinking and stage gate process to evaluate and test new ideas. Our ideal candidate is someone with strong learning design skills and endless curiosity. You must be a doer and dreamer.
This position reports directly to the Director of Online Innovation.
About West Coast University
West Coast University is a leader in training healthcare professionals, one of the largest educators of nurses in California, and is fast becoming a leader in Dental Hygiene education. For over 100 years, West Coast University has been educating and preparing students for professional careers across our six modern campuses located in Southern California, Dallas, Miami, and Online. As part of our unique student-centric approach to advanced healthcare education, you will be empowering future healthcare professionals. At West Coast University our students are “ahead of the curve”. Our Mission is to embrace a student-centric learning partnership that leads to professional success. We deliver transformational education within a culture of integrity and personal accountability.
- Minimum three years of experience creating digital learning experiences.
- Demonstrated experience using instructional design theories or cognitive science in the design and development of engaging content.
- Experience in developing and implementing innovative learning experiences for adult learners from ideation through implementation.
- Master’s degree in instructional design, psychology, educational technology and instruction, film making, multimedia design, or related field from a regionally accredited institution required. Equivalent field experience will be considered.
- Education specialist degree or doctorate degree in instructional design, instructional technology, or related field from a regionally accredited institution preferred.
Experience or interest in some of the following is preferred:
- Working knowledge of emerging technologies including (but not limited to) interactive multimedia, 360 videos, AR/VR, game-based learning, and their applicability to learning experience design.
- Digital portfolio of previous projects (can include project management examples, demo-reels, design logic, documentaries, UI/UX).
- Design and development of online learning content in the healthcare, medical, or related fields.
- Design and development of immersive digital experiences.
- Familiarity with design thinking and Stage-Gate framework.
- Producing, directing, or scriptwriting videos, documentaries, or short films.
- Experience in developing simulations, learning games, and story-based or problem-based learning experiences.
For over 100 years, West Coast University has been educating and preparing students for professional careers across our six campuses located in Southern California, Dallas, Miami, and Online. As part of our unique student-centric approach to advanced healthcare education you will be empowering future healthcare professionals. At West Coast University our students are Ahead of the Curve. Our Mission is to embrace a student-centric learning partnership that leads to professional success. We deliver transformational education within a culture of integrity and personal accountability.
Our benefited faculty and associates are offered a comprehensive benefit package including:
- Health & Wellness
- Financial & Retirement
- Family & Parenting
- Vacation & Time Off
- Perks & Discount
- Professional Development
West Coast University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to work in and serve an ethnically-diverse population.
“My colleagues and coworkers are sincerely passionate about student success and have a strong team spirit. Our fundamental goal is to improve the quality in our education and service. WCU rewards people with strong team-spirit, a great vision, dedicated commitment, and a high ethical standard.”SOPHIE S.ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR, GEN ED SCI, ORANGE COUNTY
ASSOCIATE SINCE 2017
No recently viewed jobs.
Don’t have any jobs saved yet? Then start looking! Once you’ve found one you’re interested in, click the heart icon to save a job.