Manager, Alumni Relations - Events and Social MediaIrvine, California Job ID: 202273
Reporting directly to the University Director of Alumni Relations & Events, the Communications Manager of Alumni Relations & Events will be the first point of contact for social media fans and followers, thus developing an intimate relationship with the social media community as it relates to West Coast University and American Career College alumni networks.
To be successful in this role, the individual will need to have a deep passion for social media and digital content and stay abreast of new trends, developments, and opportunities in the industry, and be a strategic thinker. They will work alongside the Associate Director of Alumni Relations & Events and hand-in-hand with Shared Services and must have an outgoing personality as in-person networking will also be part of the role. They will act as the voice of the alumni networks and manage social media posting and reporting, both internally and externally.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Setting and implementing social media campaigns to align with alumni department communication and marketing strategies.
- Creates, develops, and reviews copy for social media to ensure consistency (e.g., style, tone, quality, etc.).
- Engages with the social media community and responds to comments, requests, and customer queries in a timely manner. Engages with influencers to increase outreach and alumni brand awareness.
- Supports Shared Services with alumni outreach for the purpose of lead-generating content creation. Additionally, will provide outreach to alumni to serve as representatives and spokespersons for University initiatives to support University-wide partners, such as, but not limited to, Government Relations, Human Resources, Career Services, Student Affairs, Communications, and Marketing.
- Create action plans to both grow and maintain followers on all social platforms.
- Manages an editorial calendar and delivers engaging content on a regular basis across social media channels, including collaboration with Shared Services (Communications and Marketing Departments) to cross-promote university-wide initiatives.
- Manages and tracks all alumni communications, including pertinent analytics such as, but not limited to, open rates, click rates, bounces, and opt-outs.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Master’s Degree preferred.
- 5+ years of relevant experience required.
- Higher education experience preferred.
For over 100 years, West Coast University has been educating and preparing students for professional careers across our six campuses located in Southern California, Dallas, Miami, and Online. As part of our unique student-centric approach to advanced healthcare education you will be empowering future healthcare professionals. At West Coast University our students are Ahead of the Curve. Our Mission is to embrace a student-centric learning partnership that leads to professional success. We deliver transformational education within a culture of integrity and personal accountability.
Our benefited faculty and associates are offered a comprehensive benefit package including:
- Health & Wellness
- Financial & Retirement
- Family & Parenting
- Vacation & Time Off
- Perks & Discount
- Professional Development
West Coast University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to work in and serve an ethnically-diverse population.
“My colleagues and coworkers are sincerely passionate about student success and have a strong team spirit. Our fundamental goal is to improve the quality in our education and service. WCU rewards people with strong team-spirit, a great vision, dedicated commitment, and a high ethical standard.”SOPHIE S.ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR, GEN ED SCI, ORANGE COUNTY
ASSOCIATE SINCE 2017
No recently viewed jobs.
Don’t have any jobs saved yet? Then start looking! Once you’ve found one you’re interested in, click the heart icon to save a job.