Project Engineer, FacilitiesIrvine, California Job ID: 203528
- Under the supervision of the Director, Facilities Services, the Project Engineer, Facilities works closely with internal and external contacts for the coordination and support of facilities services and projects.
- This role coordinates and monitors the flow of maintenance projects, facilities services issue resolution, CMMS administration, AV asset tracking and assistance with upgrade/repair projects, move management, furniture repairs, securing proposals, contract processing, and manages the transition and archiving of project closeout documentation between the construction and operations teams.
- Serves as the Facilities primary point of contact with the campus, the operations teams and various technical and trade partners on maintenance projects from inception through completion.
- Manages project handoff/closeout documentation process between construction and operations teams including obtaining/archiving operations and maintenance manuals, as-builts drawings, finish schedules, and other project information.
- Coordinates project status meetings and updates, delivery performance, and cost reporting.
- Manages the delivery of projects, including but not limited to scheduling resources, tracking and reporting progress, and adherence to contractual obligations.
- Interacts with internal departments and external contractors/vendors for facilities operations, maintenance, construction, and renovation projects to ensure alignment with facilities processes and timely resolution of issues.
- Coordinates and supports all aspects of daily technical operations and requirements.
- May require onsite inspection of work to ensure standards are met.
- Maintains detailed AV asset records including equipment, maintenance, upgrades, repairs, disposal, lifecycle, and equipment specification history.
- Orders and tracks critical equipment, parts, and supplies inventory needed for routine repairs and/or upgrades.
- Coordinates proper maintenance of AV and facilities systems and equipment as prescribed by the manufacturer.
- Compiles and analyzes information or data to support Facilities activities in relation to planning and scheduling maintenance and vendor services.
- Assists with the preparation of project plans and support of maintenance projects to successful and timely completion.
- Provides support for and coordinates with the facilities CMMS including creating and assigning work orders to the technician team, subcontractors, and vendors, reports on open and closed work orders and checks the status of open work orders with the assigned party, addresses inquiries and concerns ensuring timely issue resolution and service delivery.
- Collects, monitors and analyzes maintenance project expenses. Assists with developing project cost projections, reconciliation of project expenses, and providing management with information for reporting.
- Manages contracts by assisting with collecting, maintaining, and reviewing contracts, manages contract review process through execution, compiles proper backup paperwork, obtains appropriate approvals, and ensures distribution and archival of documentation.
- Associate degree in Construction Management, Business, Engineering, Project Management, related field, or equivalent experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Business, Engineering, Project Management or related field preferred.
- Knows principles, theories, and concepts of the profession through practical experience.
- 0-2 years of relevant experience required.
- Prioritizes and manages multiple projects simultaneously and follows-through on issues in a timely manner.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Strong customer orientation and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical skills and expert level of Excel knowledge required.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to function well under pressure of deadlines and conflicting priorities.
- Self-starter capable of operating with little daily supervision and knowledge of how/when to escalate issues where appropriate.
- Ability to manage and work effectively in a highly ethnic and culturally diverse student and associate community.
- Ability to exercise good judgment.
For over 100 years, West Coast University has been educating and preparing students for professional careers across our six campuses located in Southern California, Dallas, Miami, and Online. As part of our unique student-centric approach to advanced healthcare education you will be empowering future healthcare professionals. At West Coast University our students are Ahead of the Curve. Our Mission is to embrace a student-centric learning partnership that leads to professional success. We deliver transformational education within a culture of integrity and personal accountability.
Our benefited faculty and associates are offered a comprehensive benefit package including:
- Health & Wellness
- Financial & Retirement
- Family & Parenting
- Vacation & Time Off
- Perks & Discount
- Professional Development
West Coast University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to work in and serve an ethnically-diverse population.
“My colleagues and coworkers are sincerely passionate about student success and have a strong team spirit. Our fundamental goal is to improve the quality in our education and service. WCU rewards people with strong team-spirit, a great vision, dedicated commitment, and a high ethical standard.”SOPHIE S.ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR, GEN ED SCI, ORANGE COUNTY
ASSOCIATE SINCE 2017
No recently viewed jobs.
Don’t have any jobs saved yet? Then start looking! Once you’ve found one you’re interested in, click the heart icon to save a job.