Project Engineer, FacilitiesIrvine, California Job ID: 204490
- Under the supervision of the Director, Facilities Services, the Project Engineer, Facilities works closely with internal and external contacts for the coordination and support of facilities services and projects.
- This role coordinates and monitors the flow of maintenance projects, facilities services issue resolution, CMMS administration, AV asset tracking and assistance with upgrade/repair projects, move management, furniture repairs, securing proposals, contract processing, and manages the transition and archiving of project closeout documentation between the construction and operations teams.
- Serves as the Facilities primary point of contact with the campus, the operations teams and various technical and trade partners on maintenance projects from inception through completion.
- Manages project handoff/closeout documentation process between construction and operations teams including obtaining/archiving operations and maintenance manuals, as-builts drawings, finish schedules, and other project information.
- Coordinates project status meetings and updates, delivery performance, and cost reporting.
- Manages the delivery of projects, including but not limited to scheduling resources, tracking and reporting progress, and adherence to contractual obligations.
- Interacts with internal departments and external contractors/vendors for facilities operations, maintenance, construction, and renovation projects to ensure alignment with facilities processes and timely resolution of issues.
- Coordinates and supports all aspects of daily technical operations and requirements.
- May require onsite inspection of work to ensure standards are met.
- Maintains detailed AV asset records including equipment, maintenance, upgrades, repairs, disposal, lifecycle, and equipment specification history.
- Orders and tracks critical equipment, parts, and supplies inventory needed for routine repairs and/or upgrades.
- Associate degree in Construction Management, Business, Engineering, Project Management, related field, or equivalent experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Business, Engineering, Project Management or related field preferred.
- Knows principles, theories, and concepts of the profession through practical experience.
- 1-2 years of relevant experience required.
- Must be able to work onsite daily.
- Flexibility to meet the demands of the department including travel to project sites and after-hours work as needed.
For over 100 years, West Coast University has been educating and preparing students for professional careers across our six campuses located in Southern California, Dallas, Miami, and Online. As part of our unique student-centric approach to advanced healthcare education you will be empowering future healthcare professionals. At West Coast University our students are Ahead of the Curve. Our Mission is to embrace a student-centric learning partnership that leads to professional success. We deliver transformational education within a culture of integrity and personal accountability.
Our benefited faculty and associates are offered a comprehensive benefit package including:
- Health & Wellness
- Financial & Retirement
- Family & Parenting
- Vacation & Time Off
- Perks & Discount
- Professional Development
West Coast University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to work in and serve an ethnically-diverse population.
“My colleagues and coworkers are sincerely passionate about student success and have a strong team spirit. Our fundamental goal is to improve the quality in our education and service. WCU rewards people with strong team-spirit, a great vision, dedicated commitment, and a high ethical standard.”SOPHIE S.ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR, GEN ED SCI, ORANGE COUNTY
ASSOCIATE SINCE 2017
No recently viewed jobs.
Don’t have any jobs saved yet? Then start looking! Once you’ve found one you’re interested in, click the heart icon to save a job.