Senior Business Analyst (Hybrid)Irvine, California Job ID: 204076
The Senior Business Analyst leads high profile complex projects by working with key stakeholders to evaluate the business needs and propose comprehensive solutions that will improve organizational efficiency, increased automation opportunities, and reduce organizational risk in a highly regulated environment. the position gathers requirements, creates business requirements documentation, and works with a team to deliver solutions that align with business requirements while ensuring integrity of system data and compliance with all regulatory guidelines. The Senior Business analyst will also take part in scoping several inter related initiatives while helping senior-level leadership make informed decisions about the initiatives. The results-oriented position provides excellent customer service and standards in support of the organizations mission. The Senior Business Analyst act as the link between our technical capacities and our business objectives working to improve business efficiency with cost effective technical and procedural solutions. The position is also responsible for providing leadership and support for critical enterprise applications and integrated solutions.
- Manages the full project lifecycle for multiple projects from analyzing requirements to designing, testing, and supporting users on a solution that meet those requirements.
- Documents business requirements based on customer requests to guide development of delivered solutions.
- Collaborates with teams across the organization while evaluating, developing, and delivering solutions. Provides dear communication and progress updates to internal teams and customers.
- Tests, debugs, and evaluates enterprise software upgrade releases reporting issues to vendors and documenting end user training materials and guides.
- Interacts with development tams while reviewing, testing, coding and delivering final projects.
- Extract data from Enterprise databases and other data source to create ad-hoc and organizational reports and dashboards.
- Supports, troubleshoots, and resolves customer reported issues on enterprise solutions on a daily basis.
- Interacts weekly with external vendor support teams of enterprise solutions. This task will include leading to meetings in some situations.
- Maintains system data security, confidentiality, and security.
- Adheres to College/University policies and procedures and conducts job responsibilities in accordance with the standards set out in the College/University's Code of Ethical Conduct, Compliance Agreement, Sexual Harassment Policy or any of its policies and procedures, applicable federal and state laws, and applicable professional standards.
- Maintains regular and timely attendance, reports to work as scheduled and as required to meet the needs of the College/University and assures time worked and/or time-off is recorded properly.
- Exercises care, proper use and maintenance of department equipment and supplies and identifies unsafe conditions and makes appropriate adjustments.
- Maintains order, cleanliness and safety at work.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field required or equivalent experience
- Broadly knowledgeable about professional discipline and related discipline experienced in administering projects, and programs preferred.
- Generally 3-5 years of relevant experience required.
- Strong written and oral communication.
- A proven ability to manage multiple project and tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent customer service.
- Experience with project management and associated principles.
- Experience working with users developing business requirements
- Working knowledge and experience with systems like CourseDog curriculum/catalog solution, CampusNexus/Anthology Student or other SIS and higher education solutions.
- Working knowledge of SQL and complex databases structures.
- Experience designing, developing, implementing, and supporting enterprise applications.
- Experience working in higher education. Confident with Agile development methodology.
For over 100 years, West Coast University has been educating and preparing students for professional careers across our six campuses located in Southern California, Dallas, Miami, and Online. As part of our unique student-centric approach to advanced healthcare education you will be empowering future healthcare professionals. At West Coast University our students are Ahead of the Curve. Our Mission is to embrace a student-centric learning partnership that leads to professional success. We deliver transformational education within a culture of integrity and personal accountability.
Our benefited faculty and associates are offered a comprehensive benefit package including:
- Health & Wellness
- Financial & Retirement
- Family & Parenting
- Vacation & Time Off
- Perks & Discount
- Professional Development
West Coast University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to work in and serve an ethnically-diverse population.
“My colleagues and coworkers are sincerely passionate about student success and have a strong team spirit. Our fundamental goal is to improve the quality in our education and service. WCU rewards people with strong team-spirit, a great vision, dedicated commitment, and a high ethical standard.”SOPHIE S.ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR, GEN ED SCI, ORANGE COUNTY
ASSOCIATE SINCE 2017
No recently viewed jobs.
Don’t have any jobs saved yet? Then start looking! Once you’ve found one you’re interested in, click the heart icon to save a job.