Senior Business Intelligence AnalystIrvine, California Job ID: 204382
- Reporting to the Associate Director, Business Intelligence, the Senior Business Intelligence Analyst partners with operational groups across the organization on identifying opportunities for analytic reporting and dashboard solutions to provide operational groups with a single version of the truth of descriptive analytics.
- Conducts research to determine best approach to collect required data to create key performance metrics including retention, placement, tuition and scholarships, graduation rates, student learning, and other relevant academic success factors to be used for decision making related to enhancing student outcomes and academic excellence.
- Supports delivery and maintenance of reporting to support the entire student journey from marketing lead to alumni relations post-graduation.
- Maintains knowledge of business systems and processes to leverage insights from data to optimize organizational opportunities.
- Accelerates insight identification by providing high quality visualizations and leading analysis which guide end users’ interpretations of complex and sometimes muddled data.
- This is an internal customer-facing position.
25% Assists on the design, development, deployment, and testing of descriptive analytics that provide insightful output
- Outputs include reports, dashboards, insights, recommendations, etc.
- Hands on with business intelligence software such as Power BI, Tableau, SAS Visual Analytics, etc.
25% Perform analysis and problem formulation to ensure accurate requirements are captured.
35% Query various data sources to create cross functional datasets for analytic solution needs.
- Hands on querying of Analytical Data Store
- Exploration of other internal and external data sources as needed to fulfill requirements
15% Perform explanatory, pattern, and trend analysis on student academic and success data, recruitment and enrollment data, state board pre-licensure exams, financial and operational data.
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems, computer science, data science, or a related field.
- 3+ years of experience working as a business/data analyst or similar role.
- Experience in higher education student life cycle process.
- Experience with programming languages like C#, Python, or similar.
- Demonstrated experience and working knowledge of relational databases and database query tools (SQL Server or similar).
- Demonstrated experience using CampusVue, Blackboard, Canvas, Salesforce, Anthology.
- Experience creating data visualizations using Power BI, Tableau, or similar applications.
- Must be able to work a hybrid role where you will work approximately 3 days/week in the office and 2 days/week from your home office.
For over 100 years, West Coast University has been educating and preparing students for professional careers across our six campuses located in Southern California, Dallas, Miami, and Online. As part of our unique student-centric approach to advanced healthcare education you will be empowering future healthcare professionals. At West Coast University our students are Ahead of the Curve. Our Mission is to embrace a student-centric learning partnership that leads to professional success. We deliver transformational education within a culture of integrity and personal accountability.
Our benefited faculty and associates are offered a comprehensive benefit package including:
- Health & Wellness
- Financial & Retirement
- Family & Parenting
- Vacation & Time Off
- Perks & Discount
- Professional Development
West Coast University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to work in and serve an ethnically-diverse population.
“My colleagues and coworkers are sincerely passionate about student success and have a strong team spirit. Our fundamental goal is to improve the quality in our education and service. WCU rewards people with strong team-spirit, a great vision, dedicated commitment, and a high ethical standard.”SOPHIE S.ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR, GEN ED SCI, ORANGE COUNTY
ASSOCIATE SINCE 2017
No recently viewed jobs.
Don’t have any jobs saved yet? Then start looking! Once you’ve found one you’re interested in, click the heart icon to save a job.