Senior Data EngineerIrvine, California Job ID: 204511
- The Predictive Analytics Team develops predictive and prescriptive data solutions which require a single source of the truth.
- Reporting to the Predictive Analytics Team Director of Data Integration and Data Quality, the Data Engineer (Data Management) will lead efforts to mature the University’s data management procedures, especially in the areas of data dictionaries, data lineage, data governance, and data operations.
- This role will contribute to the development and operation of a modern analytical data store which supports the entire student journey while focusing on marketing, retention, placement, tuition, scholarships, graduation rates, student learning, student engagement, and other relevant academic success factors to be used for decision making related to enhancing student outcomes and academic excellence. The analytical data store will contain both granular structured/unstructured data as well as aggregated data elements to ensure optimal flexibility to support a variety of analytical use cases.
- Must be able to work a hybrid schedule where you will work in the office 3 days/week and from your home office 2 days/week.
20% Identifies and analyzes requirements for the Analytical Data Store.
20% Creates design specification documents and diagrams for the Analytical Data Store.
20% Develops data integration and database objects for the Analytical Data Store.
20% Implements data quality, data cleansing, data profiling, and data scorecard processes.
10% Validates the Analytical Data Store meets the stakeholder requirements.
10% Deploys database and data integration objects to on-premises and cloud environments.
Education & Experience:
- EITHER 3+ years of relevant experience in data integration, data engineering, database administration, or data analytics.
- OR a combination of 2+ years of relevant experience in data integration, data engineering, database administration, or data analytics AND at least a Bachelor's Degree in a related field.
Knowledge & Qualifications:
- Experience with languages for queries and analysis of data, such as Python, R, and SQL.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure.
- Experience with Microsoft Power BI.
- Experience with data ingestion and extraction, transformation, and loading (ETL).
- Experience with data warehousing concepts, especially a star-schema approach to data warehousing.
- Absolutely loves working with data, including data integration, data quality, databases, and data analytics.
- Mastered the art of meeting deadlines while working at a fast pace under stress and pressure.
- Enormously cautious about protecting the privacy and security of data.
- Driven to automate as many repetitive and tedious tasks as possible.
- Strong in working well with others and minimizing conflicts when differences of opinion do exist.
- Obsessed with quality, details, and achieving error-free results as often as possible.
- Excellent at independently and creatively solving problems to avoid becoming a bottleneck.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including ability to speak about data and visualize data.
- Ability to exercise good judgment.
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule as-needed, based on work priorities and target dates.
- Ability to travel domestically occasionally, on an as-needed basis.
For over 100 years, West Coast University has been educating and preparing students for professional careers across our six campuses located in Southern California, Dallas, Miami, and Online. As part of our unique student-centric approach to advanced healthcare education you will be empowering future healthcare professionals. At West Coast University our students are Ahead of the Curve. Our Mission is to embrace a student-centric learning partnership that leads to professional success. We deliver transformational education within a culture of integrity and personal accountability.
Our benefited faculty and associates are offered a comprehensive benefit package including:
- Health & Wellness
- Financial & Retirement
- Family & Parenting
- Vacation & Time Off
- Perks & Discount
- Professional Development
West Coast University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to work in and serve an ethnically-diverse population.
“My colleagues and coworkers are sincerely passionate about student success and have a strong team spirit. Our fundamental goal is to improve the quality in our education and service. WCU rewards people with strong team-spirit, a great vision, dedicated commitment, and a high ethical standard.”SOPHIE S.ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR, GEN ED SCI, ORANGE COUNTY
ASSOCIATE SINCE 2017
No recently viewed jobs.
Don’t have any jobs saved yet? Then start looking! Once you’ve found one you’re interested in, click the heart icon to save a job.