Senior Research Analyst (Hybrid)Irvine, California Job ID: 203948
**This is a Hybrid Role where you will work in the office 3 days/week
Summary: Reporting directly to the Associate Director of Institutional Research , assists in the assembly and reporting of student data (i.e., retention, placement, graduation rates, learning outcomes, etc.) for externally-mandated reporting (federal, state, and programmatic accreditors), administrative decision making, and strategic planning. Conducts research to determine best approach to collect required data. Gathers data by query, survey, etc., performs statistical analyses, provides reports and interpretation of findings for use by University administration and campus personnel. Supports the Associate Director by providing data extraction, analysis, interpretation, and preparation of reports. Provides information and analytic support to the University’s administrative decision makers in order to facilitate strategic planning, policy-making, resource allocations, enrollment projections, and programmatic improvements.
- Within the Institutional Research function, serves as a key source for facts and figures regarding West Coast University student data.
- Supports the University’s strategic response to external surveys, reports and accreditation requirements, resolving issues of interpretation and definition. Collaborates to ensure compliance with mandatory data reporting.
- Provides reliable, relevant, and quality data and information.
- Provides standardized student statistical reports on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis. Ensures comprehensive reports are developed in a timely manner with data including student enrollment, degrees awarded, demographics, numbers/FTE faculty, and admissions statistics within a specified time frame.
- Assists in the collection of data elements central to ongoing assessment, evaluation, review and planning at the programmatic and departmental level. Contributes to a culture of transparency (e.g. updating University website to include elements such as enrollment demographics, and placement rates, etc.). Utilizes various data sources such as CampusVue, admissions or exit exams, national or state board exams or other to analyze student success and make recommendations for improvement.
- Supplies student performance data for Annual Learning Outcome Reviews for student outcomes within academic programs. Provides additional data in support of assertions of student success or lack thereof, and related recommendations.
- Participates on the Institutional Research/Information Technology Council which is comprised of multiple stakeholders who have an interest in ensuring the University has a high quality data processing system.
- Works with Campus Data Analytics Managers and Program Assistant, Academics to assure consistency in procedures and data collection.
- Works with Information Technology department and the campuses to enhance effective data and information flow.
- Participates in the design and definitions of all student data elements crucial to Institutional Research reporting such as defining and categorizing attrition rate information. Coordinates with IT and appropriate point of contact at each campus to create and manage systems, protocols and architecture to store and manage key data elements regarding student enrollment for the University.
- Prepares and submits status reports to University Director.
- Adheres to College/University policies and procedures and conducts job responsibilities in accordance with the standards set out in the College/University’s Code of Ethical Conduct, Compliance Agreement, Sexual Harassment Policy or any of its policies and procedures, applicable federal and state laws, and applicable professional standards.
- Maintains regular and timely attendance, reports to work as scheduled and as required to meet the needs of the College/University and assures time worked and/or time-off is recorded properly.
- Exercises care, proper use and maintenance of department equipment and supplies and identifies unsafe conditions and makes appropriate adjustments.
- Maintains order, cleanliness and safety at work.
- Bachelors Degree in Statistics, Educational Research, Social Sciences or a related field from a regionally accredited institution required; Master's and/or Doctorate Degree preferred.
- Broadly knowledgeable about professional discipline and related disciplines. Experienced in administering projects and programs preferred. Generally, 3-5 years of relevant experience required.
- Demonstrated advanced SQL skills.
- Demonstrated advanced Excel skills (i.e., developing macros, pivot tables, etc.).
- Experience with business intelligence software (e.g., Power BI, Tableau) and the graphic display of quantitative data.
- Experience in using CampusVue, Stata, R, and/or other statistical software.
- Relevant experience in a higher education institutional research function preferred.
- Experience in higher education data management, data analysis and institutional research.
- Experience with annual Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) report requests.
- Experience in using computer-based tools such as data warehouses and data modeling software.
- Experience with MS Office.
For over 100 years, West Coast University has been educating and preparing students for professional careers across our six campuses located in Southern California, Dallas, Miami, and Online. As part of our unique student-centric approach to advanced healthcare education you will be empowering future healthcare professionals. At West Coast University our students are Ahead of the Curve. Our Mission is to embrace a student-centric learning partnership that leads to professional success. We deliver transformational education within a culture of integrity and personal accountability.
Our benefited faculty and associates are offered a comprehensive benefit package including:
- Health & Wellness
- Financial & Retirement
- Family & Parenting
- Vacation & Time Off
- Perks & Discount
- Professional Development
West Coast University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to work in and serve an ethnically-diverse population.
“My colleagues and coworkers are sincerely passionate about student success and have a strong team spirit. Our fundamental goal is to improve the quality in our education and service. WCU rewards people with strong team-spirit, a great vision, dedicated commitment, and a high ethical standard.”SOPHIE S.ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR, GEN ED SCI, ORANGE COUNTY
ASSOCIATE SINCE 2017
No recently viewed jobs.
Don’t have any jobs saved yet? Then start looking! Once you’ve found one you’re interested in, click the heart icon to save a job.