Senior Software Developer - BIIrvine, California Job ID: 202223
- Design and implement innovative solutions addressing challenges in data management, analytics, and visualization.
- Work closely with the stakeholders across the organization to guide the process of scoping requirements, designing mockups, and defining KPIs.
- Perform data integration, write efficient SQL queries and develop/deploy end to end reporting solutions.
- Maintain strong acumen in data transformation, OLAP, ETL, data model(s), data aggregation and data management in order to make appropriate developments.
- Assist in data analysis and troubleshooting of problems reported by users.
- Perform code inspections and re-factor code to meet standards.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation.
- Maintain and support data analytics platforms.
- Create reports, dashboards, KPIs, and visualizations from data with Power BI
- Extracting data from multiple sources, manipulating, and validating
- Database performance, integrity, security for Power BI reporting
- Power BI server configuration
- Continuously improve performance and reliability of reports
- Recommend additional options for reporting and analytics
- Ad-hoc reporting, analytics and ETL enhancement as needed
- 6+ years of experience with SQL Server database development and management
- 2+ years of Microsoft Power BI development experience
- Experience in data warehousing domain with ETL experience
- Experience in tools like SSIS – SQL Server Integration Services, SSAS – SQL Server Analysis Services
- Advanced SQL development with strong T-SQL background for development of views, functions, and stored procedures
- 2+ years of experience with DAX functions
- Strong data modeling abilities
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, data science, data analytics or a related field
- Experience working with onshore and offshore model.
- Experience in working with different project execution methodologies like waterfall and agile.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to explain complex information in a clear manner.
- Strong customer service focus
- Strong problem resolution and prevention skills, including the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw conclusions, and implement solutions
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Good time management and organizational skills with a high level of initiative, responsibility, and accountability, including the flexibility to adapt to changing business needs and deadlines
- Be able to work as an individual and as part of a team.
- Be able to work on tight deadlines.
- Should have the ability to drive requests to closure.
Nice to Haves
- Working knowledge with Microsoft Azure Cloud related to Data
- SSRS experience
- Education Domain understanding
For over 100 years, West Coast University has been educating and preparing students for professional careers across our six campuses located in Southern California, Dallas, Miami, and Online. As part of our unique student-centric approach to advanced healthcare education you will be empowering future healthcare professionals. At West Coast University our students are Ahead of the Curve. Our Mission is to embrace a student-centric learning partnership that leads to professional success. We deliver transformational education within a culture of integrity and personal accountability.
Our benefited faculty and associates are offered a comprehensive benefit package including:
- Health & Wellness
- Financial & Retirement
- Family & Parenting
- Vacation & Time Off
- Perks & Discount
- Professional Development
West Coast University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to work in and serve an ethnically-diverse population.
“My colleagues and coworkers are sincerely passionate about student success and have a strong team spirit. Our fundamental goal is to improve the quality in our education and service. WCU rewards people with strong team-spirit, a great vision, dedicated commitment, and a high ethical standard.”SOPHIE S.ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR, GEN ED SCI, ORANGE COUNTY
ASSOCIATE SINCE 2017
No recently viewed jobs.
Don’t have any jobs saved yet? Then start looking! Once you’ve found one you’re interested in, click the heart icon to save a job.