Senior University Student Affairs SpecialistIrvine, California Job ID: 201901
Reporting to the University Director of Student Affairs and working closely and collaboratively with the Assistant University Director of Student Affairs. The Senior University Student Affairs Specialist will develop, implement, and coordinate all student services programs that include processes to ensure successful student entry to and exit from the University. The principal function of this position is to provide support and knowledge in all areas of student advising in effort to support student success through a holistic approach. Will also coordinate and manage student relations activities such as: student persistence, retention, satisfaction strategies, and graduation rates. This role requires regular the ability to work with multiple University Administration and Campus constituencies including Administration, Faculty, Admissions, Financial Aid, and Registrar staff and other applicable associates and leaders to accomplish university-wide retention goals. Conducts on-going student satisfaction review, makes recommendations on areas for improvement and program changes; and maintains current knowledge in the field of student relations/student services.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university which includes coursework in education, instructional design, administration, business management, student affairs, psychology, or related field.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with three years of experience relevant to the position.
- A minimum of three years’ previous experience in student services with increasing level of responsibility.
- Knowledge in the higher education field to cultivate a learner-centered environment and to foster excellence.
- Knowledge of healthcare industry or direct experience preferred, but not required.
- Experience and skill in interpersonal communications and conflict resolution techniques/procedures.
- Proficient command of grammar, punctuation, spelling, and correct usage of the English language.
- Experience with MS Office.
- Knowledge of applicable databases and computer application systems to supply the most accurate information, reports and projections.
- Knowledge of state, federal and local laws/regulations relating to programs, governmental compliance and other regulatory standards such as Title IV, Title IX, ADA, WASC, BPPE, and other accreditation standards.
For over 100 years, West Coast University has been educating and preparing students for professional careers across our six campuses located in Southern California, Dallas, Miami, and Online. As part of our unique student-centric approach to advanced healthcare education you will be empowering future healthcare professionals. At West Coast University our students are Ahead of the Curve. Our Mission is to embrace a student-centric learning partnership that leads to professional success. We deliver transformational education within a culture of integrity and personal accountability.
Our benefited faculty and associates are offered a comprehensive benefit package including:
- Health & Wellness
- Financial & Retirement
- Family & Parenting
- Vacation & Time Off
- Perks & Discount
- Professional Development
West Coast University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to work in and serve an ethnically-diverse population.
“My colleagues and coworkers are sincerely passionate about student success and have a strong team spirit. Our fundamental goal is to improve the quality in our education and service. WCU rewards people with strong team-spirit, a great vision, dedicated commitment, and a high ethical standard.”SOPHIE S.ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR, GEN ED SCI, ORANGE COUNTY
ASSOCIATE SINCE 2017
No recently viewed jobs.
Don’t have any jobs saved yet? Then start looking! Once you’ve found one you’re interested in, click the heart icon to save a job.