University Director, Student AffairsIrvine, California Job ID: 201098
Reporting directly to the Provost and co-President of Operations, and working closely and collaboratively with Assistant University Director, Student Affairs, Campus Directors, Student Affairs in a multi-faceted, multi-location academic and administrative setting. Provides leadership for the Assistant University Director, Student Affairs and for the campus Student Affairs Offices. A primary goal is to provide training, support services and development to the Campus Directors of Student Affairs and Student Advisors in effort to enhance student success through the lens of a holistic approach. The University Director of Student Affairs is responsible for ensuring quality of service and compliance with regulations. Serves as the Title IX Deputy Coordinator and oversees Grievances, Judicial Affairs, ADA Compliance, Campus Activities, Commencement, Hood Ceremonies and Veterans support. Lead initiative to improve the WCU student experience including but not limited to persistence, wellness, and diversity and inclusion. Collaborate with appropriate academic and student support partners to develop efficient and effective workflows that support student success. Responsible for leading commencement planning events, developing and monitoring dashboards on key performance metrics related to student success.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Three to five years of increasingly responsible senior leadership experience in Student or Alumni Affairs at a private college or university.
- Five to eight years of overall experience in /student services management with increasing responsibilities for multi-faceted, multi-location direction and planning.
- Evidence of strong supervisory and managerial skills, including budgets, strategic planning, assessment and evaluation skills.
- Experience with development and implementation of career programs.
- Experience with college or industry workforce planning.
- Knowledge of the principles of supervision, administration, systems management and community organization as applicable to specialized program area.
- Experience with MS Office.
- Knowledge of applicable databases and computer application systems to supply the most accurate information, reports and projections.
- Knowledge of state, federal and local laws/regulations relating to programs, governmental compliance and other regulatory standards such as Title IV,, WASC, and other accreditation standards.
- Bachelor degree in education, psychology, administration, business management, student affairs, or related field required.
- Master’s degree in education, counseling, administration, business management, student affairs, or related field preferred.
For over 100 years, West Coast University has been educating and preparing students for professional careers across our six campuses located in Southern California, Dallas, Miami, and Online. As part of our unique student-centric approach to advanced healthcare education you will be empowering future healthcare professionals. At West Coast University our students are Ahead of the Curve. Our Mission is to embrace a student-centric learning partnership that leads to professional success. We deliver transformational education within a culture of integrity and personal accountability.
Our benefited faculty and associates are offered a comprehensive benefit package including:
- Health & Wellness
- Financial & Retirement
- Family & Parenting
- Vacation & Time Off
- Perks & Discount
- Professional Development
West Coast University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to work in and serve an ethnically-diverse population.
“My colleagues and coworkers are sincerely passionate about student success and have a strong team spirit. Our fundamental goal is to improve the quality in our education and service. WCU rewards people with strong team-spirit, a great vision, dedicated commitment, and a high ethical standard.”SOPHIE S.ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR, GEN ED SCI, ORANGE COUNTY
ASSOCIATE SINCE 2017
No recently viewed jobs.
Don’t have any jobs saved yet? Then start looking! Once you’ve found one you’re interested in, click the heart icon to save a job.