Dean, School of PharmacyLos Angeles, California Job ID: 202708
The Dean, School of Pharmacy, is responsible for planning, organizing, implementing, assessing, and improving all academic aspects of the Pharmacy program. Reporting directly to the campus Executive Director, with an indirect reporting relationship to University academic leadership, provides leadership, direction, and coordination in the development, interpretation, and implementation of pharmacy program policies and procedures. Ensures program compliance with State regulations and programmatic accreditation (Accreditation Council of Pharmacy Education) requirements. Responsible for ensuring appropriate resource planning, inclusive of faculty recruiting, hiring, and onboarding, and for the development and appropriate management of all experiential learning sites, relationships, policies and procedures.
- Terminal degree (PhD, EdD, or PharmD) from an accredited college or university, which includes substantial course work in pharmacy, a pharmaceutical discipline, education and/or administration, is required. Must meet expectations of ACPE for program leadership.
- Minimum seven years in an administrative position with increasing responsibilities for multi-faceted, multi-location direction and planning in academic administration, planning and leadership within a regionally accredited institution in higher education.
- Previous administrative experience at the dean, associate dean, or assistant dean level in an accredited school of pharmacy or a comparable leadership position outside academia.
- Five year’s prior experience teaching in licensure eligible pharmacy programs.
- If pharmacy licensed, a minimum five year’s prior experience as a licensed pharmacist.
- Two years in a senior level position in a University setting.
- Experience in strategic planning and execution.
- Knowledge of education/governmental compliance and regulatory standards such as ACPE, regional and other accreditation standards.
- Experience with MS Office.
For over 100 years, West Coast University has been educating and preparing students for professional careers across our six campuses located in Southern California, Dallas, Miami, and Online. As part of our unique student-centric approach to advanced healthcare education you will be empowering future healthcare professionals. At West Coast University our students are Ahead of the Curve. Our Mission is to embrace a student-centric learning partnership that leads to professional success. We deliver transformational education within a culture of integrity and personal accountability.
Our benefited faculty and associates are offered a comprehensive benefit package including:
- Health & Wellness
- Financial & Retirement
- Family & Parenting
- Vacation & Time Off
- Perks & Discount
- Professional Development
West Coast University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to work in and serve an ethnically-diverse population.
“My colleagues and coworkers are sincerely passionate about student success and have a strong team spirit. Our fundamental goal is to improve the quality in our education and service. WCU rewards people with strong team-spirit, a great vision, dedicated commitment, and a high ethical standard.”SOPHIE S.ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR, GEN ED SCI, ORANGE COUNTY
ASSOCIATE SINCE 2017
No recently viewed jobs.
Don’t have any jobs saved yet? Then start looking! Once you’ve found one you’re interested in, click the heart icon to save a job.