Director, Experiential EducationLos Angeles, California Job ID: 202586
Under the direction/supervision of the Assistant Dean, Experiential Education, the Campus Director, Experiential Education functions within the School of Pharmacy. The Campus Director, Experiential Education is responsible for the development, oversight and quality assurance of the Introductory Pharmacy Practice Experiences (IPPE) and where appropriate overlap exists and assists the Assistant Dean, Experiential Education with aspects of the Advanced Pharmacy Practice Experiences (APPE). The Campus Director, Experiential Education additionally assists in defining experience specific course learning outcomes for IPPEs and assures that designated practice sites are achieving these outcomes with their students, develops effective continuous quality improvement initiatives associated with IPPEs and the successful implementation of these initiatives to ensure ongoing IPPE preceptor and practice site development, and assists the Assistant Dean, Experiential Education in the overall coordination and management of the Office of Experiential Education.
Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) degree required with experiential education experience preferred. Must provide a documented background in educational methodology consistent with teaching assignments including but not limited to education theory and practice, or current concepts relative to specific subjects he or she will be teaching, or current clinical practice experience, or distance education techniques and delivery
- Current CA Pharmacists licensure in good standing.
- Must meet and maintain the qualifications and standards set forth by any accreditation body that West Coast University is accredited by or in process of obtaining accreditation from, for area of expertise and expectations of faculty member as set forth in regulatory documents.
- Must maintain any professional certifications deemed necessary to meet the requirements of the teaching role.
- Must meet and maintain the qualifications and standards set forth by any accreditation body the University is accredited by or in process of obtaining accreditation from, for area of expertise and expectations of faculty member as set forth in regulatory documents and any professional certifications deemed necessary to meet the requirements of the teaching role.
- Current Driver’s License
- Previous administrative and/ or faculty experience in an accredited school of pharmacy preferred.
- Minimum three to five years pharmacy practice experience required.
- Experience in strategic planning and execution preferred.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of experiential education.
- Knowledge of state, federal and local laws/regulations relating to programs, governmental compliance and other regulatory standards preferred (WASC or other regulators and/or accreditation bodies).
- Knowledge of contemporary pharmacy practice and administration.
- Working with online learning management systems to further engage the student learning process desirable.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite Products, especially Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and other MS office products as needed.
For over 100 years, West Coast University has been educating and preparing students for professional careers across our six campuses located in Southern California, Dallas, Miami, and Online. As part of our unique student-centric approach to advanced healthcare education you will be empowering future healthcare professionals. At West Coast University our students are Ahead of the Curve. Our Mission is to embrace a student-centric learning partnership that leads to professional success. We deliver transformational education within a culture of integrity and personal accountability.
Our benefited faculty and associates are offered a comprehensive benefit package including:
- Health & Wellness
- Financial & Retirement
- Family & Parenting
- Vacation & Time Off
- Perks & Discount
- Professional Development
West Coast University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to work in and serve an ethnically-diverse population.
“My colleagues and coworkers are sincerely passionate about student success and have a strong team spirit. Our fundamental goal is to improve the quality in our education and service. WCU rewards people with strong team-spirit, a great vision, dedicated commitment, and a high ethical standard.”SOPHIE S.ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR, GEN ED SCI, ORANGE COUNTY
ASSOCIATE SINCE 2017
No recently viewed jobs.
Don’t have any jobs saved yet? Then start looking! Once you’ve found one you’re interested in, click the heart icon to save a job.