Admissions AdvisorMiami, Florida Job ID: 202663
Under direct supervision, the Admissions Advisor is responsible for prospective student entrance process of the campus Admissions department with emphasis on customer service. Gathers information on students, pre-screens and pre-qualifies potential students. Performs routine clerical, office and data entry tasks. Provides excellent customer service to prospective and enrolled students in accordance with the mission and purpose of the university.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or is an essential function of the position.)
- Recruits and enrolls qualified applicants into programs of study beneficial to the students’ career objectives and academic needs in an efficient and supportive manner utilizing sales and marketing techniques that may include group presentations/events, campus tours, on and off-site job fairs and other methods as applicable.
- Establishes relationships with prospective studentsprimarily through voice to voice communication followed by email and electronic outreach.
- Understands and conforms to the university’s philosophy of truly caring about students. Empathizes with prospective and enrolled students with professionalism and respect.
- Learns and maintains specific program knowledge, program objectives, enrollment process, requirements, and content offered by the university in order to make a complete and factual presentation to prospective students and other interested parties.
- Develops a positive and productive relationship with other departments at the university to be better informed of the university’s operations. Develops a relationship with Instructors in order to keep current on diverse academic programs offered at the university to better serve prospective students.
- Initiates contact with prospective students to set appointments for information sessions. Records appointments with prospective students in Campus Vue. Notates conversations with prospective students. Sends marketing materials to prospective students. Confirms all appointments the day before.
- Prioritizes and organizes appointments, tasks in order to manage more effectively in order to meet department goals. Makes sure all visitors have been taken care of.
- Sets realistic expectations for prospective students. Continuously follows-up on all inquiries from marketing efforts. Meets with prospective students to determine their educational and career goals as they are related to the course offerings and sets appointments to interview prospective students as appropriate.
- Consistently conducts ethical and complete information sessions. Determines educational level of prospective students. Answers student questions, offers guidance on programs, alternative programs and admissions process. Establishes student career choice. Conducts tours for prospective students.
- Ensures accuracy and confidentiality of all enrollment files. Ensures that prospective students understand enrollment paperwork and that all required forms for enrollment and processing are completed. Assists students with submission of official transcripts for accuracy.
- Assures that prospective students complete all required forms for enrollment and processing.
- Refers all questions regarding financial aid eligibility to the Financial Aid office.
- Establishes required examinations for enrollment. Reviews test scores of prospective students to ensure they meet admissions requirements. Assists prospective students with completing enrollment packets. Verifies and records prospective student information. Enrolls qualified prospective students.
- Understands and conforms to the university’s philosophy of truly caring about students and providing excellent service to prospective and enrolled students.
- Monitors new student attendance for the first two weeks of class. Addresses questions and concerns from new students.
- Maintains an open line of communication with currently enrolled students to make sure they are aware of upcoming university events and deadlines.
- Continues to work database of student inquiries to provide adequate levels of customer (student) follow-up.
- Conducts job responsibilities in accordance with the standards set out in the University’s Code of Ethical Conduct, Compliance Agreement, Sexual Harassment Policy or any of its policies and procedures, applicable federal and states laws, and applicable professional standards.
- Maintains established department policies, procedures and attends in-services and other required meetings.
- Maintains regular and timely attendance, reports to work as scheduled and assures time worked and/or time-off is recorded properly.
- Maintains confidentiality of all student, associate, and/or university information as required.
- Exercises care, proper use and maintenance of department equipment and supplies and identifies unsafe conditions and makes appropriate adjustments.
- Maintains order, cleanliness and safety at work.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of up to two years’ experience in a counseling or marketing related environment required.
- Experience with MS Office.
- Experience with data entry and multi-line phone aptitude.
- Experience with reception and telephone techniques.
For over 100 years, West Coast University has been educating and preparing students for professional careers across our six campuses located in Southern California, Dallas, Miami, and Online. As part of our unique student-centric approach to advanced healthcare education you will be empowering future healthcare professionals. At West Coast University our students are Ahead of the Curve. Our Mission is to embrace a student-centric learning partnership that leads to professional success. We deliver transformational education within a culture of integrity and personal accountability.
Our benefited faculty and associates are offered a comprehensive benefit package including:
- Health & Wellness
- Financial & Retirement
- Family & Parenting
- Vacation & Time Off
- Perks & Discount
- Professional Development
West Coast University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to work in and serve an ethnically-diverse population.
“My colleagues and coworkers are sincerely passionate about student success and have a strong team spirit. Our fundamental goal is to improve the quality in our education and service. WCU rewards people with strong team-spirit, a great vision, dedicated commitment, and a high ethical standard.”SOPHIE S.ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR, GEN ED SCI, ORANGE COUNTY
ASSOCIATE SINCE 2017
No recently viewed jobs.
Don’t have any jobs saved yet? Then start looking! Once you’ve found one you’re interested in, click the heart icon to save a job.