Campus Associate Director of Nursing, AcademicsMiami, Florida Job ID: 201431
SUMMARY: Reports directly to the Campus Director of Nursing, the Campus Associate Director of Nursing, Academics (CADON, Academics) assists with providing leadership in managing and implementing a comprehensive pre-licensure registered nurse program at the baccalaureate level in support of university, campus, and/or departmental goals to ensure regulatory compliance, programmatic accreditation, internal consistency, and graduate outcomes that meet workplace expectations. Participates in Curriculum development and evaluation for continuous process improvements. Provides academic leadership in nursing that results in outstanding student learning outcomes and faculty development in academics and classroom management. Enables an environment that fosters creativity, responsiveness, and self-responsibility. Focuses extensively on ensuring the implementation of the academic program that leads to core nursing student persistence and graduate passage of board licensure exam (NCLEX). Collaborates with CADONs for Administration and Clinical Education to enhance the seamless student experience. Collaborates with peers serving in the same capacity at other campuses to ensure consistency of approach between all locations.
- MSN required.
- Doctorate preferred
- Current Registered Nurse License required in state of employment.
- Approval by the Board of Registered Nursing as needed.
- Current Driver’s License.
- Current CPR Certification.
- Leadership knowledge in the program field to cultivate a learner-centered environment and to foster excellence.
- Knowledge in technological support and delivery of program area and services.
- Knowledge and evidence of strong supervisory and management skills as applicable to specialized program area.
- Knowledge of state, federal and local laws/regulations relating to programs, governmental compliance and other regulatory standards such as Board of Registered Nursing (BRN), Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), and other accreditation standards (WSCUC).
- Experience with MS Office.
- Knowledge of applicable databases and computer application systems to supply the most accurate information, reports and projections.
- Program specific requirements:
- Completion of at least one year’s experience teaching courses in a pre- or post-licensure registered nursing program.
- 5 years of relevant experience
For over 100 years, West Coast University has been educating and preparing students for professional careers across our six campuses located in Southern California, Dallas, Miami, and Online. As part of our unique student-centric approach to advanced healthcare education you will be empowering future healthcare professionals. At West Coast University our students are Ahead of the Curve. Our Mission is to embrace a student-centric learning partnership that leads to professional success. We deliver transformational education within a culture of integrity and personal accountability.
Our benefited faculty and associates are offered a comprehensive benefit package including:
- Health & Wellness
- Financial & Retirement
- Family & Parenting
- Vacation & Time Off
- Perks & Discount
- Professional Development
West Coast University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to work in and serve an ethnically-diverse population.
“My colleagues and coworkers are sincerely passionate about student success and have a strong team spirit. Our fundamental goal is to improve the quality in our education and service. WCU rewards people with strong team-spirit, a great vision, dedicated commitment, and a high ethical standard.”SOPHIE S.ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR, GEN ED SCI, ORANGE COUNTY
ASSOCIATE SINCE 2017
No recently viewed jobs.
Don’t have any jobs saved yet? Then start looking! Once you’ve found one you’re interested in, click the heart icon to save a job.