Human Resources GeneralistMiami, Florida Job ID: 204413
- Reporting to a Human Resources Business Partner, the HR Generalist performs a variety of Human Resources activities for American Career College, West Coast University, Shared Services and/or Administration in a multi-faceted, multi-location academic setting.
- Advises supervisors/managers of various state and federal regulations; provides employee relations support to associates in an effort to resolve workplace issues.
- Mediates differences between associates and supervisors in support of a collaborative and inclusive work environment.
- Conducts internal investigations working with legal counsel and relevant subject matter experts.
- Promotes direct communication and positive rapport among associates, supervisors and senior management.
- Takes an active role in performance management and use of various resources to assist managers in addressing job performance and other behavioral issues.
- Answers questions from associates in all areas of Human Resources and directs them as appropriate.
- Meets with associates to hear concerns, answer questions to promote/educate them on organizational policies and procedures. Encourages problem resolution through the appropriate chain of command making considerations for matters of a sensitive nature. Mediates differences between associates and supervisors.
- Serves as a resource for associates and management at American Career College, West Coast University, Shared Services, and Administration on issues where the company’s interests may be at risk. Coordinates with managers to assure adherence to policies and procedures for initiating disciplinary processes. Consults with key stakeholders and legal counsel to mitigate risk to the company.
- Applies knowledge of company policies and procedures, state and federal regulations when dealing with a wide variety of employment situations and maintains consistency and fairness at all times. Consults with subject matter experts as necessary.
- Conducts internal investigations and produces findings and report at conclusion of investigation.
- Works closely with management on associate counseling and advises management on appropriate corrective action. Participates in separation meetings. Prepares separation agreements as needed.
- Stays current on changes to local, state and federal rules and regulations regarding employment laws, and employee relations. Administers human resources policy and procedures. Researches and recommends when changes are warranted.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (Business Administration or Human Resources Management) or equivalent experience required.
- PHR or SHRM-CP Preferred.
- Minimum two years employee relations experience required.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of human resources including internal investigations.
- Strong working knowledge of state and federal laws related to Human Resources functions, plus separation, employee relations and investigative procedures with special focus on California law.
- Must be experienced in data analytics and research techniques to supply the most accurate information, reports and recommendations.
- Experience with MS Office.
- Knowledge of local, state and federal governmental regulatory standards related to employment law.
- Ability to manage competing demands, accept criticism and constructive feedback, while being extremely adaptable and flexible.
- Demonstrated ability to gain the attention and respect of associates and leaders at all levels.
- Ability to deal with and maintain very sensitive and highly confidential information.
- Expertise in conflict management and resolution.
- Strong initiative and solid judgment abilities/skills.
- Ability to foster an atmosphere of mutual respect and trust through collaborative decision making/problem solving in a non-adversarial manner.
- Ability to effectively use interpersonal skills, follows through with duties.
- Ability to use creative facilitation and conflict resolution skills to resolve difficult and sensitive issues.
- This is a campus-based position, which requires an in-person presence on a regular basis.
For over 100 years, West Coast University has been educating and preparing students for professional careers across our six campuses located in Southern California, Dallas, Miami, and Online. As part of our unique student-centric approach to advanced healthcare education you will be empowering future healthcare professionals. At West Coast University our students are Ahead of the Curve. Our Mission is to embrace a student-centric learning partnership that leads to professional success. We deliver transformational education within a culture of integrity and personal accountability.
Our benefited faculty and associates are offered a comprehensive benefit package including:
- Health & Wellness
- Financial & Retirement
- Family & Parenting
- Vacation & Time Off
- Perks & Discount
- Professional Development
West Coast University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to work in and serve an ethnically-diverse population.
“My colleagues and coworkers are sincerely passionate about student success and have a strong team spirit. Our fundamental goal is to improve the quality in our education and service. WCU rewards people with strong team-spirit, a great vision, dedicated commitment, and a high ethical standard.”SOPHIE S.ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR, GEN ED SCI, ORANGE COUNTY
ASSOCIATE SINCE 2017
No recently viewed jobs.
Don’t have any jobs saved yet? Then start looking! Once you’ve found one you’re interested in, click the heart icon to save a job.