Manager, NCLEX SuccessMiami, Florida Job ID: 201306
Reporting to the Campus Dean, Nursing, the Manager of NCLEX Success is responsible for delivering and maintaining a comprehensive NCLEX (National Council Licensure Examination) Success Plan and developing strategies to improve NCLEX testing for the pre-licensure West Coast University Nursing program. The Manager of NCLEX Success evaluates the effectiveness of initiatives, creates new methods to improve NCLEX performance and proposes developments in curriculum to address NCLEX subject matter areas. Oversees, supervises and manages NCLEX Faculty Coordinators and Students at Risk for NCLEX failure, for the culminating assessment of programmatic competence, serves as a mentor and facilitator for faculty; and enables an environment which fosters creativity, responsiveness, and self-responsibility. Conducts and monitors remediation workshops and tutorials, and develops methods to ensure graduates pass NCLEX with a satisfactory level of performance of state average or above pass rate for first time test-takers.
Master degree in nursing from an accredited college or university which includes course work in nursing, education or administration required. Doctorate preferred.
Current Registered Nurse License required in state of employment.
Must have approval by the Board of Registered Nursing as a faculty to teach one of the pre-licensure content areas prior to assuming the role of Manager of NCLEX Success.
Current CPR Card.
- Must have at least one year previous experience, within the previous five years, as a registered nurse providing direct patient care or equivalent experience and/or education, as determined by the Board of Registered Nursing. A plan for clinical remediation may be considered.
- A minimum of three years’ previous experience teaching courses related to nursing or a course which includes practice in teaching nursing.
- At least one year previous experience working with or in clinical sites, placing students, and coordinating related documents preferred.
- Leadership knowledge in the program field to cultivate a learner-centered environment and to foster excellence.
- Knowledge in technological support and delivery of program area and services.
- Knowledge of state, federal and local laws/regulations relating to programs, governmental compliance and other regulatory standards such as Board of Registered Nursing (BRN), professional nursing accreditors, WASC and other related accreditation standards.
- Experience with MS Office.
- Knowledge of applicable databases and computer application systems to supply the most accurate information, reports and projections
For over 100 years, West Coast University has been educating and preparing students for professional careers across our six campuses located in Southern California, Dallas, Miami, and Online. As part of our unique student-centric approach to advanced healthcare education you will be empowering future healthcare professionals. At West Coast University our students are Ahead of the Curve. Our Mission is to embrace a student-centric learning partnership that leads to professional success. We deliver transformational education within a culture of integrity and personal accountability.
Our benefited faculty and associates are offered a comprehensive benefit package including:
- Health & Wellness
- Financial & Retirement
- Family & Parenting
- Vacation & Time Off
- Perks & Discount
- Professional Development
West Coast University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to work in and serve an ethnically-diverse population.
“My colleagues and coworkers are sincerely passionate about student success and have a strong team spirit. Our fundamental goal is to improve the quality in our education and service. WCU rewards people with strong team-spirit, a great vision, dedicated commitment, and a high ethical standard.”SOPHIE S.ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR, GEN ED SCI, ORANGE COUNTY
ASSOCIATE SINCE 2017
No recently viewed jobs.
Don’t have any jobs saved yet? Then start looking! Once you’ve found one you’re interested in, click the heart icon to save a job.