Full Time NCLEX Specialist
When you join our faculty at West Coast University, you’ll become part of a team that always puts students first. And that means you’ll have the tools, technologies, resources and support you need to make a real difference in their lives, empowering new generations of healthcare leaders. Get ready to learn and grow in an energized environment with year-round curricula, collaborating with talented colleagues and reimagining healthcare education as we know it.
- Full Time
- Minimal Travel (if any)
What makes a successful member of the Faculty team at West Coast University? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Socially Conscious
- Technologically Savvy
“If you are looking to work at a university that takes care of its students, faculty, and staff and allows you to live a prosperous, fulfilling, and healthy life, this is the place for you.”Paul P. Instructor ii, Gen Ed Non-sci, orange county
associate since 2013
We offer a generous benefits package with a wide range of the plans, programs and support you need to thrive.
Day of Service
Our Mission & Culture
At WCU, the work you do empowers our future nurses, therapists, dental hygienists and more — propelling them into our communities where they can do the most good. As part of our dynamic, energized culture, you’ll contribute to our unique mission that always puts students first. You’ll collaborate with incredible people, grow in your profession, and transform healthcare education. Discover what it means to truly believe in the work that you do.
Reporting to the Campus Dean, Nursing Academics, the NCLEX Specialist is responsible for delivering and maintaining a comprehensive NCLEX (National Council Licensure Examination) Success Plan utilizing the internal West Coast University initiatives (i.e., Big 7) and developing strategies to improve NCLEX testing for the pre-licensure West Coast University Nursing programs. The NCLEX Specialist evaluates the effectiveness of initiatives, creates new methods to improve NCLEX performance, and proposes developments in curriculum to address NCLEX subject matter areas. Oversees and manages faculty and students for the culminating assessment of programmatic competence, serves as the main point of reference and contact for the Board of Registered Nursing, and provides professional leadership and support for theory and clinical teaching faculty; serves as a mentor and facilitator for faculty; and enables an environment which fosters creativity, responsiveness, and self-responsibility. Establishes specific learning objectives, conducts remediation workshops and tutorials, and develops methods to ensure graduates pass NCLEX with a satisfactory level of performance of higher than 90% pass rate for first time test-takers.
Bachelor's in nursing required,
Master’s or higher degree in nursing from an accredited college or university which includes course work in nursing, education or administration preferred.
Current Registered Nurse License required in state of employment.
Must have approval by the Board of Registered Nursing prior to assuming the role of Nursing Instructor.
Current CPR Card.
- Must have at least one year previous experience, within the previous five years, as a registered nurse providing direct patient care or equivalent experience and/or education, as determined by the Board of Registered Nursing.
- A minimum of three years previous experience teaching courses related to nursing or a course which includes practice in teaching nursing.
- A minimum of one year previous experience working with or in clinical sites, placing students, and coordinating related documents preferred.
- Leadership knowledge in the program field to cultivate a learner-centered environment and to foster excellence.
- Knowledge in technological support and delivery of program area and services.
- Knowledge of state, federal and local laws/regulations relating to programs, governmental compliance and other regulatory standards such as Board of Registered Nursing (BRN) or other nursing accreditors, WASC, and other accreditation standards.
- Experience with MS Office.
- Knowledge of applicable databases and computer application systems to supply the most accurate information, reports and projections.
For over 100 years, West Coast University has been educating and preparing students for professional careers across our six campuses located in Southern California, Dallas, Miami, and Online. As part of our unique student-centric approach to advanced healthcare education you will be empowering future healthcare professionals. At West Coast University our students are Ahead of the Curve. Our Mission is to embrace a student-centric learning partnership that leads to professional success. We deliver transformational education within a culture of integrity and personal accountability.
Our benefited faculty and associates are offered a comprehensive benefit package including:
- Health & Wellness
- Financial & Retirement
- Family & Parenting
- Vacation & Time Off
- Perks & Discount
- Professional Development
West Coast University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to work in and serve an ethnically-diverse population.
No recently viewed jobs.
Don’t have any jobs saved yet? Then start looking! Once you’ve found one you’re interested in, click the heart icon to save a job.