Manager, Clinical FacultyOntario, California Job ID: 201910
Reporting directly to the Campus Dean, Nursing and working closely with the Associate Deans of Academics and Administration, the Manager, Clinical Faculty is responsible for managing the onboarding and continued support for clinical faculty; assisting the Manager, Clinical Education in ensuring clinical faculty receive orientation to clinical sites; and collaborating with appropriate team leads to ensure they are provided with support and mentoring in the clinical setting for the Nursing program. Provides professional leadership and support for clinical teaching faculty; serves as a mentor and facilitator for faculty assigned; and enables an environment which fosters creativity, responsiveness, and self-responsibility. Participates in the evaluation of clinical faculty to provide input to campus Dean of Nursing. Remains current in applicable program field, participates in faculty meetings, instructional seminars, and in-service training sessions. Participates in campus activities such as faculty meetings, student functions, graduation exercises, open houses, new student orientations, and advisory board meetings.
- Leadership knowledge in the program field to cultivate a learner-centered environment and to foster excellence.
- Knowledge in technological support and delivery of program area and services.
- Knowledge and evidence of strong supervisory and management skills as applicable to specialized program area.
- Knowledge of state, federal and local laws/regulations relating to programs, governmental compliance and other regulatory standards such as Board of Registered Nursing (BRN) or other nursing accrediting agencies, WASC, and other accreditation standards.
- Experience with MS Office.
- Knowledge of applicable databases and computer application systems to supply the most accurate information, reports and projections.
- Program specific requirements:
- Must have at least one year’s experience, within the previous five years, as a registered nurse providing direct patient care or equivalent experience and/or education, as determined by the Board of Registered Nursing.
- Completion of at least one year’s experience teaching courses related to nursing or a course which includes practice in teaching nursing.
- Knowledgeable of medical community and established relationships with its professional members preferred.
- One to two years prior experience working with or in clinical sites, placing students, and coordinating related documents preferred.
Master’s or higher degree from an accredited college or university which includes course work in nursing, education or administration required.
- Current unencumbered Registered Nurse License required.
- Must have approval by the Board of Registered Nursing prior to assuming the role of Nursing Instructor per state requirements.
- Current CPR Card
For over 100 years, West Coast University has been educating and preparing students for professional careers across our six campuses located in Southern California, Dallas, Miami, and Online. As part of our unique student-centric approach to advanced healthcare education you will be empowering future healthcare professionals. At West Coast University our students are Ahead of the Curve. Our Mission is to embrace a student-centric learning partnership that leads to professional success. We deliver transformational education within a culture of integrity and personal accountability.
Our benefited faculty and associates are offered a comprehensive benefit package including:
- Health & Wellness
- Financial & Retirement
- Family & Parenting
- Vacation & Time Off
- Perks & Discount
- Professional Development
West Coast University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to work in and serve an ethnically-diverse population.
“My colleagues and coworkers are sincerely passionate about student success and have a strong team spirit. Our fundamental goal is to improve the quality in our education and service. WCU rewards people with strong team-spirit, a great vision, dedicated commitment, and a high ethical standard.”SOPHIE S.ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR, GEN ED SCI, ORANGE COUNTY
ASSOCIATE SINCE 2017
No recently viewed jobs.
Don’t have any jobs saved yet? Then start looking! Once you’ve found one you’re interested in, click the heart icon to save a job.