OB Nurse Faculty, Full-time
When you join our faculty at West Coast University, you’ll become part of a team that always puts students first. And that means you’ll have the tools, technologies, resources and support you need to make a real difference in their lives, empowering new generations of healthcare leaders. Get ready to learn and grow in an energized environment with year-round curricula, collaborating with talented colleagues and reimagining healthcare education as we know it.
- Minimal Travel (if any)
What makes a successful member of the Faculty team at West Coast University? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Socially Conscious
- Technologically Savvy
“If you are looking to work at a university that takes care of its students, faculty, and staff and allows you to live a prosperous, fulfilling, and healthy life, this is the place for you.”Paul P. Instructor ii, Gen Ed Non-sci, orange county
associate since 2013
We offer a generous benefits package with a wide range of the plans, programs and support you need to thrive.
Day of Service
Our Mission & Culture
At WCU, the work you do empowers our future nurses, therapists, dental hygienists and more — propelling them into our communities where they can do the most good. As part of our dynamic, energized culture, you’ll contribute to our unique mission that always puts students first. You’ll collaborate with incredible people, grow in your profession, and transform healthcare education. Discover what it means to truly believe in the work that you do.
Come care with us at West Coast University! As a Nursing Faculty member for a certified Great Place to Work, you will guide nursing students to do more than change their own lives – you will help change the lives of every patient they treat throughout their career in healthcare. At West Coast University you will have the opportunity to share your success story with the next generation of nurses as a key member of our student-centered, innovative community!
You will make an impact by:
- Serving as a mentor, role model and facilitator who provides guidance and academic support for students.
- Demonstrating enthusiasm for teaching, the teaching/learning process and for individual students.
- Applying your skills and experience to your assigned teaching schedule.
- Participating in and contributing to assessment activities of courses/curriculum and programs via a continuous improvement plan set forth by the University.
- Regularly contributing to improvement of class materials and syllabi within prescribed shared governance culture.
- Utilizing a variety of teaching methodologies to instruct students, always with intent to facilitate observable evidence of student fulfillment of prescribed learning outcomes.
- Maintaining scholarly activities.
- Participating in professional growth and service in accordance with university policies.
- Advancing our commitment and focus on the students we serve, and their success as healthcare professionals.
- Fully leveraging our innovative technologies and resources, such as our Simulation and Innovation Labs.
- *If working with students in a Clinical setting you will:
- Assume complete responsibility for students in clinical facilities.
- Clarify clinical expectations with students.
- Clarify student placement and expectations with clinical facility staff.
- Utilize care planning time to direct students to available resources needed for clinical preparation.
- Assess student knowledge and skill level to ensure safety and optimal care to patients.
- Utilize pre- and post- conference to allow students an opportunity to share learned experiences, ensuring clarity of the correlation between weekly theory content with clinical objectives and experiences.
- Provide feedback of clinical performance immediately after observation of event and of overall performance at midterm and end of semester.
Your Experience Includes:
- Working with online learning management systems to further engage the student learning process.
- Compliance with state, federal and local laws/regulations relating to programs, governmental compliance, and other regulatory standards such as state Board of Nursing.
- Clinical RN - Must have a minimum of two (2) year’s prior experience as a registered nurse providing direct patient care and have a minimum of one year experience in the field in which they teach.
- Education and experience must align with state regulations and comply with the rules and regulations of state authorization agencies.
- Master’s degree in nursing
- Professional nurse licensure required.
No recently viewed jobs.
Don’t have any jobs saved yet? Then start looking! Once you’ve found one you’re interested in, click the heart icon to save a job.