Adjunct Faculty, PA
When you join our faculty at West Coast University, you’ll become part of a team that always puts students first. And that means you’ll have the tools, technologies, resources and support you need to make a real difference in their lives, empowering new generations of healthcare leaders. Get ready to learn and grow in an energized environment with year-round curricula, collaborating with talented colleagues and reimagining healthcare education as we know it.
- Minimal Travel (if any)
What makes a successful member of the Faculty team at West Coast University? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Socially Conscious
- Technologically Savvy
“If you are looking to work at a university that takes care of its students, faculty, and staff and allows you to live a prosperous, fulfilling, and healthy life, this is the place for you.”Paul P. Instructor ii, Gen Ed Non-sci, orange county
associate since 2013
We offer a generous benefits package with a wide range of the plans, programs and support you need to thrive.
Day of Service
Our Mission & Culture
At WCU, the work you do empowers our future nurses, therapists, dental hygienists and more — propelling them into our communities where they can do the most good. As part of our dynamic, energized culture, you’ll contribute to our unique mission that always puts students first. You’ll collaborate with incredible people, grow in your profession, and transform healthcare education. Discover what it means to truly believe in the work that you do.
Reporting directly to the Program Director, the Principal Faculty, Physician Assistant supports the University in fulfillment of its mission, purpose, and goals. Provides program-specific expertise and is actively engaged in relevant department initiatives. Supports University, Campus, and/or departmental goals in order to assure compliance with programmatic accreditation and/or licensure, internal consistency, and graduate outcomes that meet student learning, workplace, and placement expectations. Provides professional leadership and support, and serves as an educator, role model, mentor and facilitator. Creates an educational environment which fosters innovation, responsiveness, and accountability. Focuses extensively on facilitating student learning associated with prescribed course and program learning outcomes. Actively and substantively participates in assessment of student learning activities to maximize the potential for students to learn what is necessary to meet prescribed outcomes. Vigorously upholds a culture of academic integrity.
(Every effort has been made to identify the essential skills/qualifications of this position. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only skills/qualifications you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of skills/qualifications does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or is an essential skill/qualification of the position.)
- Ability to demonstrate clear criminal background history.
- Ability to demonstrate clinical competency.
- Ability to maintain academic standards.
- Ability to work independently with general supervision.
- Ability to demonstrate a thorough, accurate and practical knowledge of their field or discipline.
- Ability to interpret and evaluate the theories of their field or discipline.
- Ability to effectively operate related equipment and machines for instructional purposes.
- Ability to operate a variety of office equipment and machines such as computer terminal, calculator and copier.
- Ability to engage in data entry via a computer.
- Ability to manage and work effectively in a highly ethnic and culturally diverse student and associate community.
- Ability to use effective communication skills, both oral and written, including presentations and effective listening skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively before groups, committees, and in meetings.
- Ability to effectively use interpersonal skills, follow through with duties, provide attention to detail, and demonstrate the ability to motivate others.
- Ability to use creative facilitation and conflict resolution skills to resolve difficult and sensitive issues.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to self-direct, self-pace, multi-task and function well under pressure of deadlines and conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to exercise good judgment.
- Ability to interpret rules, regulations, policies and procedures and assure compliance.
- Ability to work collaboratively and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule.
- Ability to travel/drive locally on a weekly, daily and/or on an as needed basis as well as occasional travel to other campuses or locations.
- Ability to communicate using bilingual skills is a plus but not mandatory.
Master’s degree, Physician Assistant; or
Master’s degree, or higher, in health-related field
If a non-clinician scientist (Scientist Position)
- Doctorate degree in health- or social-science related field
- Minimum of three years teaching/research/clinical experience.
NCCPA certified Physician Assistant or Board certified allopathic or osteopathic physician
Texas PA license (or eligible) or MD / DO licensed or eligible for licensure in Texas
Immunizations– based on the CDC Recommended Immunizations for Health-Care Personnel (HCP), all HCPs must submit documentation of immunization to Hepatitis B (series of three doses with anti-HBs serologic testing 1-2 months after dose #3), proof of immunity to Hepatitis B, or a signed declination; Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR); Varicella (chickenpox); and Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis (booster every 10 years). Highly recommended immunizations for the HCP include Influenza (yearly), Hepatitis A, and Pneumonia. For some individuals, a titer test will be indicated vs. vaccinations. Titer tests showing immunity to listed pathogens are acceptable. Titer tests showing a negative response require appropriate immunizations and follow-up titers must be completed and submitted. If one or more of the listed immunizations are contraindicated, documentation must be submitted clearly identifying the reason(s). Clinical laboratory reports with facility stamp and medical doctor’s signature are required.
Tuberculosis Clearance – the CDC Guidelines for Preventing the Transmission of Mycobacterium tuberculosis in Health-Care Settings are intended to protect the HCP and patients. The TB screening program consists of two major components: (1) baseline single test for M. tuberculosis infection and (2) serial testing/screening for M. tuberculosis infection. The HCP must have a baseline single test followed by serial skin testing every 6 months. If the HCP has a baseline positive result or has previously had a positive result, a chest radiograph must be completed to exclude a diagnosis of TB disease. Thereafter, every 6 months the HCP must receive a symptom screen. Documentation of positive skin test and negative chest x-ray must be submitted.
For over 100 years, West Coast University has been educating and preparing students for professional careers across our six campuses located in Southern California, Dallas, Miami, and Online. As part of our unique student-centric approach to advanced healthcare education you will be empowering future healthcare professionals. At West Coast University our students are Ahead of the Curve. Our Mission is to embrace a student-centric learning partnership that leads to professional success. We deliver transformational education within a culture of integrity and personal accountability.
Our benefited faculty and associates are offered a comprehensive benefit package including:
- Health & Wellness
- Financial & Retirement
- Family & Parenting
- Vacation & Time Off
- Perks & Discount
- Professional Development
West Coast University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to work in and serve an ethnically-diverse population.
No recently viewed jobs.
Don’t have any jobs saved yet? Then start looking! Once you’ve found one you’re interested in, click the heart icon to save a job.