Administrative AssistantRichardson, Texas Job ID: 204219
SUMMARY: Under general supervision, the Administrative Assistant assists with the day-to-day office operations of the department and performs a variety of administrative clerical support tasks as assigned, including: scheduling meetings, executing expense reports, researching and booking travel, assisting with company events, researching and contacting vendors, creating and maintaining Excel spreadsheets to log pertinent data, ordering and picking up lunches for meetings, scanning, printing, and copying documents, and other ad hoc administrative tasks as needed.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or is an essential function of the position.)
- Preforms administrative responsibilities by drafting correspondence and reports; communicates with management, faculty, staff and students; maintains calendars; maintains office records and budgets; processes and reviews mail; arranges meetings, receptions, dinners, conferences and travel arrangements to ensure professionalism and efficiency in all office operations.
- Assists and coordinates the flow of incoming and outgoing communications by routing documents to and from appropriate parties including obtaining signatures, gathering and relaying information as needed and returning signed documents to requestors.
- Responsible for completing expense reports: gathering receipts, scanning and entering information in Concur or Excel, and reviewing
- Assists department with company events; researches and arranges payment to vendors, caterers, venues, and conferences. Assists with event set-up and break down, and other miscellaneous event coordination.
- Schedules, organizes and facilitates meetings and events with appropriate offices and agencies, advising/contacting participants or invited guests, preparing agendas and programs, arranging for audiovisual and associated support equipment.
- Orders and picks up meals and/or refreshments for meetings and other special events.
- Coordinates travel for multiple team members including researching and booking flights, hotels, and transportation.
- Prepares meeting materials, posts agendas and takes minutes; maintains permanent records and files; adheres to established procedures relating to minutes, agendas, posting of notices, etc.
- Promotes a positive image of the University by greeting and receiving visitors, responds to inquiries from diverse constituencies, receives, assesses, and provides information when applicable and/or refers inquiries or problems to the appropriate office or person, and follows-up to determine the inquirer’s satisfaction with the response.
- Coordinates incoming and outgoing mail distribution as instructed, prepares labels, mailings, and Fed Ex packages.
- Creates spreadsheets in Excel to enter and track information regarding a variety of ad hoc projects.
- Maintains department records and files. Classifies and files correspondence, records and other regulatory documents.
- Maintains established department policies, procedures and attends in-services and other required meetings.
- Conducts job responsibilities in accordance with the standards set out in the University’s Code of Ethical Conduct, Compliance Agreement, Sexual Harassment Policy or any of its policies and procedures, applicable federal and states laws, and applicable professional standards.
- Maintains regular and timely attendance, reports to work as scheduled and assures time worked and/or time-off is recorded properly.
- Maintains confidentiality of all student, associate, and/or company information as required.
- Exercises care, proper use and maintenance of department equipment and supplies and identifies unsafe conditions and makes appropriate adjustments.
- Maintains order, cleanliness and safety at work.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of one year experience performing increasingly complex and highly responsible office and administrative/secretarial support work of which involved administrative support work in an academic or business office environment preferred.
- Proficient command of grammar, punctuation, spelling, and correct usage of the English language.
- Comprehensive knowledge of office systems, practices, and administration.
- Proficient skills and experience in Microsoft Office computer software systems that includes word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation software.
- Reception and telephone techniques.
- Principles and practices of classifying, indexing, processing, retrieving, and controlling a large volume of records.
- Record keeping, account maintenance, and purchasing practices and procedures.
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- Associates degree or coursework in accounting, administrative and personnel management, and data processing preferred.
For over 100 years, West Coast University has been educating and preparing students for professional careers across our six campuses located in Southern California, Dallas, Miami, and Online. As part of our unique student-centric approach to advanced healthcare education you will be empowering future healthcare professionals. At West Coast University our students are Ahead of the Curve. Our Mission is to embrace a student-centric learning partnership that leads to professional success. We deliver transformational education within a culture of integrity and personal accountability.
Our benefited faculty and associates are offered a comprehensive benefit package including:
- Health & Wellness
- Financial & Retirement
- Family & Parenting
- Vacation & Time Off
- Perks & Discount
- Professional Development
West Coast University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to work in and serve an ethnically-diverse population.
“My colleagues and coworkers are sincerely passionate about student success and have a strong team spirit. Our fundamental goal is to improve the quality in our education and service. WCU rewards people with strong team-spirit, a great vision, dedicated commitment, and a high ethical standard.”SOPHIE S.ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR, GEN ED SCI, ORANGE COUNTY
ASSOCIATE SINCE 2017
No recently viewed jobs.
Don’t have any jobs saved yet? Then start looking! Once you’ve found one you’re interested in, click the heart icon to save a job.