Financial Aid Analyst-Disbursement & Exception (Hybrid)Richardson, Texas Job ID: 204150
**This is a Hybrid position where you will work 3 days/week in the office and 2 days/week from your home office.
Facilitates the timely and accurate disbursement of federal, state, and private student financial funds. Evaluates rejected records or database exceptions to determine appropriate action to resolve issues quickly and in compliance with federal, state and institutional policies and regulations. Resolve identified issues by either correcting data in the student’s electronic record, or assigning a workflow activity to the appropriate party to take required action. Follows-up on activities assigned to other parties to ensure timely resolution, and escalate as appropriate. Collaborates with other financial aid teams and other departments to perform multi-step, cross-functional steps to correct data errors.
- Review activities assigned to the Disbursement & Exception Team activity queue in CampusVue regularly throughout the day and resolve or initiate appropriate action to close a minimum of 50 activities per day.
- Review processing exceptions in CampusVue regularly throughout the day and resolve or initiate appropriate action to resolve a minimum of 35 exceptions per day.
- Monitor pending activities and exceptions to ensure activities assigned to others are resolved timely, and appropriately escalate issues to supervisor if resolution is not resolved within 48 hours.
- Review disbursements scheduled for manual batching (e.g. private loans, FWS, scholarships) to ensure criteria are met for disbursement; Prepare batch for posting by stated deadlines.
- Review ad-hoc exception reports to identify issues preventing timely reconciliation or in conflict with regulatory requirements, and resolve data errors or exceptions accurately and timely. (e.g. TRLOP reports, verification status reports, etc.).
- Collaborate with colleagues in other functional teams ITS, and the Accounting department to evaluate complex data issues, and make recommendations regarding proper use of the CampusVue financial aid module and the COD website.
- Document in CampusVue contact manager all actions taken to resolve activities or exceptions in a professional and appropriate manner.
- Adheres to College/University policies and procedures and conducts job responsibilities in accordance with the standards set out in the College/University’s Code of Ethical Conduct, Compliance Agreement, Sexual Harassment Policy or any of its policies and procedures, applicable federal and state laws, and applicable professional standards.
- Maintains regular and timely attendance, reports to work as scheduled and as required to meet the needs of the College/University and assures time worked and/or time-off is recorded properly.
- Exercises care, proper use and maintenance of department equipment and supplies and identifies unsafe conditions and makes appropriate adjustments.
- Maintains order, cleanliness and safety at work.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- HS Diploma or equivalent required.
- Associate Degree from an accredited college or university preferred.
- May not be in default on a federal student loan or owe repayment on a federal grant.
- 2-3 years of experience (singly or combined) in the following: bookkeeping, data analysis, or Title IV financial aid administration.
- Requires developed skills through application of standards and processes within a narrow scope of work.
- At least one year of recent experience performing financial aid verification in a higher education setting.
- At least one year of experience using CampusVue or other enterprise-wide student information system.
For over 100 years, West Coast University has been educating and preparing students for professional careers across our six campuses located in Southern California, Dallas, Miami, and Online. As part of our unique student-centric approach to advanced healthcare education you will be empowering future healthcare professionals. At West Coast University our students are Ahead of the Curve. Our Mission is to embrace a student-centric learning partnership that leads to professional success. We deliver transformational education within a culture of integrity and personal accountability.
Our benefited faculty and associates are offered a comprehensive benefit package including:
- Health & Wellness
- Financial & Retirement
- Family & Parenting
- Vacation & Time Off
- Perks & Discount
- Professional Development
West Coast University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to work in and serve an ethnically-diverse population.
“My colleagues and coworkers are sincerely passionate about student success and have a strong team spirit. Our fundamental goal is to improve the quality in our education and service. WCU rewards people with strong team-spirit, a great vision, dedicated commitment, and a high ethical standard.”SOPHIE S.ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR, GEN ED SCI, ORANGE COUNTY
ASSOCIATE SINCE 2017
No recently viewed jobs.
Don’t have any jobs saved yet? Then start looking! Once you’ve found one you’re interested in, click the heart icon to save a job.