Senior Career Services Specialist (Hybrid)Richardson, Texas Job ID: 204121
Under the direction of the Director, Career Services, coordinates the graduate student job placement process to meet student, alumni, institutional and industry needs; places students in jobs applicable to their field of study; assists students with the job search process, including teaching workshops and critiquing resumes. Coordinates Career Job Fairs with related employer representatives/groups. Provides excellent customer service to current and graduating students in accordance with the mission and purpose of the university
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or is an essential function of the position.)
- Assists students with resume development, interviewing skills, proper demeanor, attire and other related areas to ensure and support successful graduating student employment in accordance with the mission and purpose of the university.
- Proactively develops Career Services relationships with local employers through in person visits and correspondence. Arranges for interviews and placements of student graduates. Secures employment for a predetermined number of student grads per week into new positions with local employers.
- Conducts employment workshops on such topics as resume writing, finding a job/internship, networking, preparing for interviews, improving job performance, and other topics as needed.
- Conducts mock interviews for students.
- Coordinates career job fair events; conducts employer site visits to campus; promotes program visits to students and faculty; greets employers, assists with set-up as needed, and debriefs with employers to assess satisfaction and discuss improvements.
- Assists with resolving routine to moderately complex student employment and career issues, questions and problems.
- Develops and maintains a database and network of employers for employment opportunities through a variety of means.
- Works closely with program employers, develops new jobs leads, and coordinates employment opportunities of graduates with employers.
- Addresses employer concerns and removes barriers to student hiring in the workplace.
- Develops and delivers classroom presentations on industry trends, labor market information, employment preparation, and other related topics as requested by faculty.
- Composes newsletter articles, flyers, posters and informational articles publicizing events and services.
- Maintains regular and timely attendance, reports to work as scheduled and assures time worked and/or time-off is recorded properly.
- Conducts job responsibilities in accordance with the standards set out in the University’s Code of Ethical Conduct, Compliance Agreement, Sexual Harassment Policy or any of its policies and procedures, applicable federal and states laws, and applicable professional standards.
- Maintains established department policies, procedures and attends in-services and other required meetings.
- Maintains confidentiality of all student, associate, and/or university information as required.
- Exercises care, proper use and maintenance of department equipment and supplies and identifies unsafe conditions and makes appropriate adjustments.
- Maintains order, cleanliness and safety at work.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor degree in education, administration, business management, student personnel, or related field required.
- Two to three years of directly related experience or a minimum of three year’s prior experience in a professional environment performing complex and responsible business office duties, preferably including some secretarial support work for one or more managers in an academic or business office environment.
- Experience and skill in interpersonal communications and interviewing procedures.
- Proficient command of grammar, punctuation, spelling, and correct usage of the English language.
- Comprehensive knowledge of office systems, practices, and administration.
- Proficient skills and experience in Microsoft Office computer software systems that includes word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation software.
- Experience with reception and telephone techniques.
(Every effort has been made to identify the essential skills/qualifications of this position. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only skills/qualifications you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of skills/qualifications does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or is an essential skill/qualification of the position.)
- Ability to advise students and learn terminology and job specifications related to programs offered.
- Ability to work effectively in a highly ethnic and culturally diverse student and associate community.
- Ability to exercise excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to use effective communication skills, both oral and written, including presentations and effective listening skills.
- Ability to demonstrate strong professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to self-direct, self-pace, multi-task and function well under pressure of deadlines and conflicting priorities.
- Ability to work with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule.
- Ability to exercise good judgment.
- Ability to make procedural decisions and judgments with skills in gathering data, compiling information, and preparing reports.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to travel/drive locally on a weekly, daily and/or on an as needed basis.
For over 100 years, West Coast University has been educating and preparing students for professional careers across our six campuses located in Southern California, Dallas, Miami, and Online. As part of our unique student-centric approach to advanced healthcare education you will be empowering future healthcare professionals. At West Coast University our students are Ahead of the Curve. Our Mission is to embrace a student-centric learning partnership that leads to professional success. We deliver transformational education within a culture of integrity and personal accountability.
Our benefited faculty and associates are offered a comprehensive benefit package including:
- Health & Wellness
- Financial & Retirement
- Family & Parenting
- Vacation & Time Off
- Perks & Discount
- Professional Development
West Coast University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to work in and serve an ethnically-diverse population.
“My colleagues and coworkers are sincerely passionate about student success and have a strong team spirit. Our fundamental goal is to improve the quality in our education and service. WCU rewards people with strong team-spirit, a great vision, dedicated commitment, and a high ethical standard.”SOPHIE S.ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR, GEN ED SCI, ORANGE COUNTY
ASSOCIATE SINCE 2017
No recently viewed jobs.
Don’t have any jobs saved yet? Then start looking! Once you’ve found one you’re interested in, click the heart icon to save a job.