Supervisor, Facilities ServicesRichardson, Texas Job ID: 203745
Under the general supervision of the Manager, Facilities Services, this position is responsible for the successful performance delivery of all daily facilities related service operations. Primary work activities include direct supervision of all daily building operations, maintenance mechanic supervision, maintenance and repair of buildings, grounds, and equipment, assists with resolution of daily facilities issues, assigns work and work orders to the building mechanics, resolves technical issues, requisitioning, inspections, and monitoring facility maintenance related services and requests.
- Serves as the main customer service point of contact for all campuses and is responsible for responding to escalated inquiries or adverse conditions in a timely manner.
- Assigns daily maintenance mechanic responsibilities to carry out established procedures.
- Schedules work hours and changes to achieve campus coverage, monitors and oversees timesheets, resolves subordinates’ conflicts, and prepares performance reviews.
- Responds to emergency situations for the purpose of resolving immediate operational impacts and safety concerns.
- Conducts and documents regular inspections to monitor physical conditions, liability hazards, vendor performance, and campus specifications.
- Establishes building schedules for maintenance and repair services, identifies resources required, coordinates with Facilities Project team for security coordination and operational access.
- Assists in development and implementation of an appropriate training program for the mechanics making periodic assessments of on-site capabilities.
- Effective reporting and alignment with departmental directives to ensure customer satisfaction and performance toward key result indicators.
- Manages equipment inspections, determines need and extent of services, equipment requirements, and operational resources needed.
- Oversees the scheduled servicing and repair of all building systems, building equipment, lab equipment and vehicles.
- Supervises outside services/vendors assuring that services are completed in accordance with contracts, approved bids, or work orders; Reports on discrepancies.
- Manages and tracks all maintenance and repair activities and provides regular updates.
- Manages campus facilities tools, supplies and/or equipment for the purpose of ensuring the availability of items and equipment is in safe operating condition.
- Adheres to College and University policies and procedures and acts as a role model to all staff and students through guidance and example.
- Maintains regular and timely attendance, reports to work as scheduled and assures time worked and/or time-off is recorded properly.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in related field.
- Relevant industry certifications preferred such as LEED AP, PE, and/or PMP certifications.
- Two years related work and educational experience.
- Knowledge of concepts, principles, and practices in a related field or specialty.
- Experience leading the work of others is typically preferred.
- Must be able to communicate technical matters that can be broadly understood at all levels of the organization.
- Possesses a strong customer service orientation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to demonstrate strong supervisory skills.
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems; problem solving is required to analyze issues and create action plans.
- Ability to operate independently on multiple projects under tight deadlines and to self-direct, self-pace, multi-task and function well under pressure of deadlines and conflicting priorities.
- Ability to read and interpret building and city codes.
- Ability to manage and work effectively in a culturally diverse student and associate community.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule.
- Ability to travel/drive locally on a weekly, daily and/or on an as needed basis.
For over 100 years, West Coast University has been educating and preparing students for professional careers across our six campuses located in Southern California, Dallas, Miami, and Online. As part of our unique student-centric approach to advanced healthcare education you will be empowering future healthcare professionals. At West Coast University our students are Ahead of the Curve. Our Mission is to embrace a student-centric learning partnership that leads to professional success. We deliver transformational education within a culture of integrity and personal accountability.
Our benefited faculty and associates are offered a comprehensive benefit package including:
- Health & Wellness
- Financial & Retirement
- Family & Parenting
- Vacation & Time Off
- Perks & Discount
- Professional Development
West Coast University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to work in and serve an ethnically-diverse population.
“My colleagues and coworkers are sincerely passionate about student success and have a strong team spirit. Our fundamental goal is to improve the quality in our education and service. WCU rewards people with strong team-spirit, a great vision, dedicated commitment, and a high ethical standard.”SOPHIE S.ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR, GEN ED SCI, ORANGE COUNTY
ASSOCIATE SINCE 2017
No recently viewed jobs.
Don’t have any jobs saved yet? Then start looking! Once you’ve found one you’re interested in, click the heart icon to save a job.