Administrative Coordinator (Remote)Job ID: 204179
The Program Assistant coordinates the day-to-day administrative functions of the department; performs a wide variety of highly responsible and complex administrative support services for personnel, student, and matters; monitors month-by-month calendar of activities and deadlines at the department, campus, and University levels; monitors and communicates regularly with students and associates for adherence to licenses and certifications; works directly with the Campus Deans to prepare for and maintain compliance with accrediting bodies. Prepares meeting agendas, memos, and correspondence; completes a variety of non-routine assignments; coordinates busy and shifting office calendars including scheduling and coordinating meetings and/or conferences, and attends meetings for the purpose of recording, preparing and distributing minutes and reports; processes a considerable amount of confidential and sensitive information in support of administrative activities.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Deals discreetly with large volumes of sensitive, confidential information concerning student, staff, faculty and campus affairs, information contained in minutes, letters and other documents.
- Initiates, collects, and tracks data within a database system to ensure appropriate related records are maintained on faculty.
- Assist with transfer credit input and organization as needed.
- Composes correspondence, memos, minutes and reports for department, general education meetings.
- Establishes and maintains record keeping and filing systems. Classifies, and files correspondence, records and other regulatory documents.
- Schedules and organizes committee meetings; assists with the preparation, typing, filing, and distribution of minutes.
- Prepares and/or updates program catalogs or other types of materials; copies and assembles binders, manuals, and packets for meetings and programs as requested and related to academics.
- Associate degree in administrative/secretarial science or related field required.
- Bachelor degree in administrative/secretarial science or related field preferred
- Two to three years of experience performing complex and responsible office and administrative/secretarial
- duties, preferably including some administrative support work for one or more managers in an academic or business office environment.
- Comprehensive knowledge of office systems, practices, and administration.
- Proficient skills and experience in Microsoft Office computer software systems that includes word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation software.
- Proficient reception and telephone communication skills and techniques.
- Evidence of principles and practices of classifying, indexing, processing, retrieving, and controlling a large volume of records.
- Evidence of record keeping, account maintenance, and purchasing practices and procedures
For over 100 years, West Coast University has been educating and preparing students for professional careers across our six campuses located in Southern California, Dallas, Miami, and Online. As part of our unique student-centric approach to advanced healthcare education you will be empowering future healthcare professionals. At West Coast University our students are Ahead of the Curve. Our Mission is to embrace a student-centric learning partnership that leads to professional success. We deliver transformational education within a culture of integrity and personal accountability.
Our benefited faculty and associates are offered a comprehensive benefit package including:
- Health & Wellness
- Financial & Retirement
- Family & Parenting
- Vacation & Time Off
- Perks & Discount
- Professional Development
West Coast University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to work in and serve an ethnically-diverse population.
“My colleagues and coworkers are sincerely passionate about student success and have a strong team spirit. Our fundamental goal is to improve the quality in our education and service. WCU rewards people with strong team-spirit, a great vision, dedicated commitment, and a high ethical standard.”SOPHIE S.ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR, GEN ED SCI, ORANGE COUNTY
ASSOCIATE SINCE 2017
No recently viewed jobs.
Don’t have any jobs saved yet? Then start looking! Once you’ve found one you’re interested in, click the heart icon to save a job.