Assistant Professor, Anatomy (Full-time)
When you join our faculty at West Coast University, you’ll become part of a team that always puts students first. And that means you’ll have the tools, technologies, resources and support you need to make a real difference in their lives, empowering new generations of healthcare leaders. Get ready to learn and grow in an energized environment with year-round curricula, collaborating with talented colleagues and reimagining healthcare education as we know it.
- Minimal Travel (if any)
What makes a successful member of the Faculty team at West Coast University? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Socially Conscious
- Technologically Savvy
“If you are looking to work at a university that takes care of its students, faculty, and staff and allows you to live a prosperous, fulfilling, and healthy life, this is the place for you.”Paul P. Instructor ii, Gen Ed Non-sci, orange county
associate since 2013
We offer a generous benefits package with a wide range of the plans, programs and support you need to thrive.
Day of Service
Our Mission & Culture
At WCU, the work you do empowers our future nurses, therapists, dental hygienists and more — propelling them into our communities where they can do the most good. As part of our dynamic, energized culture, you’ll contribute to our unique mission that always puts students first. You’ll collaborate with incredible people, grow in your profession, and transform healthcare education. Discover what it means to truly believe in the work that you do.
Reporting directly to the Dean/Program Director of the MPA Program, the Assistant Professor, General Education supports the University in fulfillment of its mission, purpose and goals. Provides program-specific expertise and is actively engaged in relevant department initiatives. Supports University, campus, and/or departmental goals in order to assure compliance with programmatic accreditation and/or licensure, internal consistency, and graduate outcomes that meet student learning, workplace and placement expectations. Provides professional leadership and support, and serves as an educator, role model, mentor and facilitator. Focuses extensively on facilitating student learning associated with prescribed course and program learning outcomes. Creates an educational environment which fosters innovation, responsiveness, and accountability. Actively and substantively participates in assessment of student learning activities at the course and program level to maximize the potential for students to learn what is necessary to meet prescribed outcomes. Vigorously upholds a culture of academic integrity.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Fulfills assigned teaching load.
- Effectively uses the LMS to supplement instruction (i.e., active learning, adaptive learning and/or flipping the classroom).
- Participates in and contributes substantively to course and program level assessment activities via a continuous improvement plan as set forth by General Education and/or the University.
- Regularly contributes to improvement or upgrading of course materials and syllabi within prescribed shared governance culture.
- Ensures that all laboratory safety protocols and procedures are followed.
- Consistently employs a variety of teaching methodologies to instruct students, always with intent to facilitate observable evidence of student fulfillment of prescribed learning outcomes.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm for teaching and the teaching/learning process and for individual students.
- Keeps regular approved office hours (for FT faculty).
- Follows established University protocols for providing timely feedback and/or academic advising (i.e., Grades in Progress, student Letters of Concern, etc.).
Demonstrates advanced teaching skills as demonstrated by:
- student evaluations
- peer evaluations (if assigned)
- administration reviews
- evidence of documented student achievement of course student learning outcomes
- Attends professional development activities each year as agreed upon with supervisor in associate development plan.
- Attends all-faculty meetings as scheduled (for full time faculty attendance is required, for adjunct faculty attendance is strongly recommended).
- Selects a minimum of one of the following activity areas: publishing & writing, acting as contributor to textbooks, presenting at conferences or educational trainings, attending test-writing or accreditation activities, serving on thesis dissertation committee or other agreed upon professional activity. OR Identifies and applies specialized research or activities related to teaching, assigned teaching area(s), or may contribute to the scholarly community/knowledge of the discipline.
GENERAL SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Records and posts daily class attendance and grades as required, completes and submits assignments in a timely manner, and grades tests, quizzes, lab assignments promptly, returning constructive feedback to students as soon as possible. Engages in systematic collection of student’s work for University outcomes assessment purposes.
- Maintains and uses West Coast University officially approved master course syllabus template and prepares/distributes syllabi in a timely fashion.
- Submits accurate grade-in-progress report(s) as required during the term/trimester in accordance with the posted syllabus to the campus program Dean or Chair.
- Posts accurate points and final course grades earned throughout the term/semester in accordance with the posted syllabus as per teaching assignment(s).
- Assists with program activities to ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, accrediting bodies, and University policies and procedures in concert with other West Coast University campus programs.
- Reviews and recommends improvements and enhancements to the consistency and quality of course offerings, course/program development, and curriculum.
- Participates in student success activities such as engaging in student academic counseling and/or establishing a point of contact for internal resource/access for student issues.
- Assures students are provided instructional support services within the subject area taught to maintain the highest level of student achievement while safeguarding the integrity of the educational process.
- Master’s or doctorate degree in specialty field required.
- If applicable, certification(s) in area(s) of specialization required.
- Must provide a documented background in educational methodology consistent with teaching assignments including but not limited to education theory and practice, or current concepts relative to specific subjects he or she will be teaching, or current clinical practice experience, or distance education techniques and delivery.
- Must meet and maintain the qualifications and standards set forth by any accreditation body that West Coast University is accredited by or in process of obtaining accreditation from, for area of expertise and expectations of faculty member as set forth in regulatory documents.
- Must maintain any professional certifications deemed necessary to meet the requirements of the teaching role.
- Four or more years of full time documented (a minimum of 60 units; e.g. 20 3-unit course or their equivalent) teaching experience in a University setting which could include one or more years of teaching for West Coast University. Instructional experience must be at institutions which are regionally accredited. OR Six or more years (adjunct, full-, or part-time) teaching in a University (or College) setting.
- Working with online learning management systems to further engage the student learning process desirable.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite Products, especially Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and other MS office products as needed.
- Knowledge of state, federal and local laws/regulations relating to programs, governmental compliance and other regulatory standards and/or accreditation bodies.
For over 100 years, West Coast University has been educating and preparing students for professional careers across our six campuses located in Southern California, Dallas, Miami, and Online. As part of our unique student-centric approach to advanced healthcare education you will be empowering future healthcare professionals. At West Coast University our students are Ahead of the Curve. Our Mission is to embrace a student-centric learning partnership that leads to professional success. We deliver transformational education within a culture of integrity and personal accountability.
Our benefited faculty and associates are offered a comprehensive benefit package including:
- Health & Wellness
- Financial & Retirement
- Family & Parenting
- Vacation & Time Off
- Perks & Discount
- Professional Development
West Coast University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to work in and serve an ethnically-diverse population.
No recently viewed jobs.
Don’t have any jobs saved yet? Then start looking! Once you’ve found one you’re interested in, click the heart icon to save a job.