Assistant Professor, MPH - Online Adjunct
When you join our faculty at West Coast University, you’ll become part of a team that always puts students first. And that means you’ll have the tools, technologies, resources and support you need to make a real difference in their lives, empowering new generations of healthcare leaders. Get ready to learn and grow in an energized environment with year-round curricula, collaborating with talented colleagues and reimagining healthcare education as we know it.
- Minimal Travel (if any)
What makes a successful member of the Faculty team at West Coast University? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Socially Conscious
- Technologically Savvy
“If you are looking to work at a university that takes care of its students, faculty, and staff and allows you to live a prosperous, fulfilling, and healthy life, this is the place for you.”Paul P. Instructor ii, Gen Ed Non-sci, orange county
associate since 2013
We offer a generous benefits package with a wide range of the plans, programs and support you need to thrive.
Day of Service
Our Mission & Culture
At WCU, the work you do empowers our future nurses, therapists, dental hygienists and more — propelling them into our communities where they can do the most good. As part of our dynamic, energized culture, you’ll contribute to our unique mission that always puts students first. You’ll collaborate with incredible people, grow in your profession, and transform healthcare education. Discover what it means to truly believe in the work that you do.
Reporting directly to the Director of Online Learning and/or Online Faculty, the Assistant Professor, Master of Public Health - Online supports the University in fulfillment of its mission, purpose and goals. Focuses extensively on facilitating online student learning associated with prescribed course and program learning outcomes. Provides professional leadership and support, and serves as an educator, role model, mentor and facilitator. Creates an educational environment which fosters innovation, responsiveness, and accountability. Provides program-specific expertise and is actively engaged in relevant department initiatives. Supports University, Campus, and/or departmental goals in order to assure compliance with programmatic accreditation and/or licensure, internal consistency, and graduate outcomes that meet student learning, workplace and placement expectations. Actively and substantively participates in assessment of online student learning activities to maximize the potential for students to learn what is necessary to meet prescribed outcomes. Vigorously upholds a culture of academic integrity.
- Fulfills assigned teaching load.
- Participates in and contributes to assessment activities of courses/curriculum and program via a continuous improvement plan as set forth by the University.
- Regularly contributes to improvement of class materials and syllabi within prescribed shared governance culture.
- Utilizes a variety of online teaching methodologies to instruct students, always with intent to facilitate observable evidence of student fulfillment of prescribed learning outcomes.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm for teaching, the teaching/learning process and for individual students.
- Maintains weekly office hours to include one hour Collaborate sessions per week.
- Follows established University protocols for providing timely feedback and/or academic advising (student Letters of Concern, etc.).
GENERAL SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Completes grading and posts grades within 48 to 72 hours of the conclusion of each week as indicated by the specific course grading timeline requirement. Grades provided for an assignment are to reflect the use of an accompanying rubric.
- Provides detailed quantitative and qualitative feedback in areas where points were deducted, relating to the course learning outcomes and the objectives of the assignment. Uses additional detailed feedback to improve student performance on future assignments and/or better understand the correct response.
- Maintains and uses West Coast University officially approved syllabus in the online classroom.
- Assists with program activities to ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, accrediting bodies, and University policies and procedures in concert with other West Coast University campus programs.
- Reviews and recommends improvements and enhancements to the consistency and quality of online course offerings, course/program development, and curriculum.
- Participates in student success activities such as identifying at-risk students in course and engaging in student academic advising and/or establishing a point of contact for internal resource/access for student issues.
- Assures students are provided instructional support services within the subject area taught to maintain the highest level of student achievement while safeguarding the integrity of the educational process.
- Serves as a mentor, role model and facilitator and provides guidance and academic support for students.
- Attends meetings as required to share information, guidelines and procedures, coordinates activities, and to further disseminate information across the assigned department.
- Follows proper procedures/channels of communication.
- Participates in professional development and organizations in order to remain current in the field.
- Maintains professional online presence and communication for position and is courteous and approachable to students.
- Must have the minimal higher education background required by the program. Must provide a documented background in educational methodology consistent with teaching assignments including, but not limited to: education theory and practice, current concepts relative to specific subjects one will be teaching, clinical practice experience or distance education techniques and delivery.
- Master’s degree in specialty field required. Doctorate degree preferred.
- Must meet and maintain the qualifications and standards set forth by any accrediting body that West Coast University is accredited by or in process of obtaining accreditation from, for area of expertise and expectations of faculty member as set forth in regulatory documents.
- Must maintain any professional certifications deemed necessary to meet the requirements of the teaching role.
- Two years or greater experience in teaching in a university or college setting required as defined by University’s faculty handbook. Prior online teaching experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite Products, especially Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and other MS office products as needed.
- Prior experience working with online learning management systems to further engage student learning.
Knowledge of state, federal and local laws/regulations relating to programs, governmental compliance and other regulatory standards such as state Board of Nursing, Commission on Dental Accreditation, state Dental Hygiene Committee, state Dental board, Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH), Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) or other regulators and/or accreditation bodies
For over 100 years, West Coast University has been educating and preparing students for professional careers across our six campuses located in Southern California, Dallas, Miami, and Online. As part of our unique student-centric approach to advanced healthcare education you will be empowering future healthcare professionals. At West Coast University our students are Ahead of the Curve. Our Mission is to embrace a student-centric learning partnership that leads to professional success. We deliver transformational education within a culture of integrity and personal accountability.
Our benefited faculty and associates are offered a comprehensive benefit package including:
- Health & Wellness
- Financial & Retirement
- Family & Parenting
- Vacation & Time Off
- Perks & Discount
- Professional Development
West Coast University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to work in and serve an ethnically-diverse population.
No recently viewed jobs.
Don’t have any jobs saved yet? Then start looking! Once you’ve found one you’re interested in, click the heart icon to save a job.