Assistant Professor, Nursing - FNP (Adjunct- Online)
When you join our faculty at West Coast University, you’ll become part of a team that always puts students first. And that means you’ll have the tools, technologies, resources and support you need to make a real difference in their lives, empowering new generations of healthcare leaders. Get ready to learn and grow in an energized environment with year-round curricula, collaborating with talented colleagues and reimagining healthcare education as we know it.
- Minimal Travel (if any)
What makes a successful member of the Faculty team at West Coast University? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Socially Conscious
- Technologically Savvy
“If you are looking to work at a university that takes care of its students, faculty, and staff and allows you to live a prosperous, fulfilling, and healthy life, this is the place for you.”Paul P. Instructor ii, Gen Ed Non-sci, orange county
associate since 2013
We offer a generous benefits package with a wide range of the plans, programs and support you need to thrive.
Day of Service
Our Mission & Culture
At WCU, the work you do empowers our future nurses, therapists, dental hygienists and more — propelling them into our communities where they can do the most good. As part of our dynamic, energized culture, you’ll contribute to our unique mission that always puts students first. You’ll collaborate with incredible people, grow in your profession, and transform healthcare education. Discover what it means to truly believe in the work that you do.
Reporting directly to the Faculty Manager – Online Learning, the Adjunct Assistant Professor, Nursing (Graduate) supports the University in fulfillment of its mission, purpose and goals. Provides program-specific expertise and is actively engaged in relevant department initiatives. Supports University, Campus, and/or departmental goals in order to assure compliance with programmatic accreditation and/or licensure, internal consistency, and graduate outcomes that meet student learning, workplace and placement expectations. Provides professional leadership and support, and serves as an educator, role model, mentor and facilitator. Creates an educational environment which fosters innovation, responsiveness, and accountability. Focuses extensively on facilitating student learning associated with prescribed course and program learning outcomes. Actively and substantively participates in assessment of student learning activities to maximize the potential for students to learn what is necessary to meet prescribed outcomes. Vigorously upholds a culture of academic integrity.
- Fulfills assigned teaching load.
- Participates in and contributes to assessment activities of courses/curriculum and program via a continuous improvement plan as set forth by the University.
- Regularly contributes to improvement or upgrading of class materials and syllabi utilizing identified University processes
- Masters or doctorate in specialty field required. Terminal academic doctorate preferred.
- Should provide a documented background in educational methodology consistent with teaching assignments including but not limited to education theory and practice, or current concepts relative to specific subjects he or she will be teaching, or current clinical practice experience, or distance education techniques and delivery.
- Must meet and maintain the qualifications and standards set forth by any accreditation body that West Coast University is accredited by or in process of obtaining accreditation from, for area of expertise and expectations of faculty member as set forth in regulatory documents.
- Must maintain any professional certifications deemed necessary to meet the requirements of the teaching role.
- Current certification in basic life support procedures including healthcare provide CPR with an Automated External Defibrillator.
- Working with online learning management systems to further engage the student learning process is highly desirable; required for Health Administration Program.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, especially Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and other products as needed.
- Demonstrable evidence of four years of clinical experience in a related field.
- Knowledge of state, federal and local laws/regulations relating to programs, governmental compliance and other regulatory standards set by accreditation bodies such as Board of Registered Nursing (BRN, Texas BON, Florida BON), CAPTE, ACPE, ACOTE, ARC-PA, and CCNE.
For over 100 years, West Coast University has been educating and preparing students for professional careers across our six campuses located in Southern California, Dallas, Miami, and Online. As part of our unique student-centric approach to advanced healthcare education you will be empowering future healthcare professionals. At West Coast University our students are Ahead of the Curve. Our Mission is to embrace a student-centric learning partnership that leads to professional success. We deliver transformational education within a culture of integrity and personal accountability.
Our benefited faculty and associates are offered a comprehensive benefit package including:
- Health & Wellness
- Financial & Retirement
- Family & Parenting
- Vacation & Time Off
- Perks & Discount
- Professional Development
West Coast University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to work in and serve an ethnically-diverse population.
No recently viewed jobs.
Don’t have any jobs saved yet? Then start looking! Once you’ve found one you’re interested in, click the heart icon to save a job.