Assistant Professor, SLP
When you join our faculty at West Coast University, you’ll become part of a team that always puts students first. And that means you’ll have the tools, technologies, resources and support you need to make a real difference in their lives, empowering new generations of healthcare leaders. Get ready to learn and grow in an energized environment with year-round curricula, collaborating with talented colleagues and reimagining healthcare education as we know it.
- Minimal Travel (if any)
What makes a successful member of the Faculty team at West Coast University? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Socially Conscious
- Technologically Savvy
“If you are looking to work at a university that takes care of its students, faculty, and staff and allows you to live a prosperous, fulfilling, and healthy life, this is the place for you.”Paul P. Instructor ii, Gen Ed Non-sci, orange county
associate since 2013
We offer a generous benefits package with a wide range of the plans, programs and support you need to thrive.
Day of Service
Our Mission & Culture
At WCU, the work you do empowers our future nurses, therapists, dental hygienists and more — propelling them into our communities where they can do the most good. As part of our dynamic, energized culture, you’ll contribute to our unique mission that always puts students first. You’ll collaborate with incredible people, grow in your profession, and transform healthcare education. Discover what it means to truly believe in the work that you do.
Reports to the Dean/ Program Director, Speech Language Pathology. The Assistant Professor of Speech Language Pathology supports the University in fulfillment of its mission, purpose and goals. Provides program-specific expertise and is actively engaged in relevant department initiatives. Supports University, Campus, and/or departmental goals in order to assure compliance with programmatic accreditation and/or licensure, internal consistency, and graduate outcomes that meet student learning, workplace and placement expectations. Provides professional leadership and support, and serves as an educator, role model, mentor and facilitator. Provides high-quality clinical instruction to students during clinical education labs, seminars and courses; assesses students’ didactic and clinical competency. Creates an educational environment which fosters innovation, responsiveness, and accountability. Focuses extensively on facilitating student learning associated with prescribed course and program learning outcomes. Actively and substantively participates in assessment of student learning activities to maximize the potential for students to learn what is necessary to meet prescribed outcomes. Vigorously upholds a culture of academic integrity.
- Graduate degree with an emphasis in Speech Language Pathology or Communication Sciences & Disorders is required; ABDs will be considered.
- PhD in Speech Language Pathology, Communication Sciences & Disorders or Ed.D. is preferred.
- Degrees must be awarded by an institution that is accredited by a USDE-recognized regional accrediting body.
- Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech Language Pathology (CCC-SLP).
- Must have licensure as a Speech-Language Pathologist in the state of residence.
- Must meet and maintain the qualifications and standards set forth by any accreditation body that West Coast University is accredited by or in process of obtaining accreditation from, for area of expertise and expectations of faculty member as set forth in regulatory documents and any professional certifications deemed necessary to meet the requirements of the teaching role.
- Minimum three years of clinical supervision of speech-language pathology students at a clinical site or in higher education.
- Minimum of three years in the field of speech-language pathology, including documented clinical practice..
- Possesses clinical skills to cultivate a learner-centered environment and to foster excellence.
- Knowledge in technological support and delivery of program area and services
For over 100 years, West Coast University has been educating and preparing students for professional careers across our six campuses located in Southern California, Dallas, Miami, and Online. As part of our unique student-centric approach to advanced healthcare education you will be empowering future healthcare professionals. At West Coast University our students are Ahead of the Curve. Our Mission is to embrace a student-centric learning partnership that leads to professional success. We deliver transformational education within a culture of integrity and personal accountability.
Our benefited faculty and associates are offered a comprehensive benefit package including:
- Health & Wellness
- Financial & Retirement
- Family & Parenting
- Vacation & Time Off
- Perks & Discount
- Professional Development
West Coast University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to work in and serve an ethnically-diverse population.
No recently viewed jobs.
Don’t have any jobs saved yet? Then start looking! Once you’ve found one you’re interested in, click the heart icon to save a job.